(Senior) QA28.10.2022 Quality Assurance Permanent Open position Apply here
You will be joining the Angry Birds Friends game team, one of the biggest and more iconic games at Rovio. Friends has been operating with huge success for many years already and you could take a key role in making it grow further in the years to come.
We are looking for an experienced QA professional to join our Angry Birds Friends QA team, and as the project is growing, take ownership of parts of the testing and quality assurance efforts of the production pipeline. Together with your team you will take responsibility for leading QA and Testing efforts and ensure you improve the overall quality of the game from both a player and developers perspective. You will work closely alongside the wider development team and be an integral part of the team.
What your days will look like:
- Managing and driving the QA process in the game
- Providing up to date and accurate picture of product quality
- Creating and maintaining project’s test plan and test cases
- Overseeing the work of an external QA team
- Supporting development team in reaching better product quality
- Handling submission pipelines and acting on live issues
- Managing bug reports
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Experience with F2P games both as a QA tester and a player
- Knowledge of mobile game industry’s QA tools and software
- Good understanding of mobile platforms and hardware
- Experience with bug tracking and version control software
- Experience working with external partners
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills in English
- Curiosity and drive to learn new skills
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and delegate different tasks while working independently or as part of a team
- Initial Screening call: You will have a short introductory call with our Talent Acquisition partner. During this call we aim to understand your motivations, salary expectations and suitability for the role.
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: A technical interview will be conducted. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the studio members, who you’ll be working closely with.
#LI-Hybrid or #LI-Remote
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, several match 3 games such as Angry Birds Match and Small Town Murders as well as slingshot games like Angry Birds Friends and a great newcomer Angry Birds Journey. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.