Rovio’s Puzzle Studio is the home of the passionate team behind Angry Birds Match, Angry Birds Friends, the newly launched Angry Birds Dream Blast, and other unreleased games currently in production. The studio strives to create puzzle games that are instantly fun, but that can also turn into years-long hobbies. Puzzle Studio is also exploring new ways to use narrative and character worlds in casual mobile games, with the aim of creating a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We are looking for a QA Engineer Trainee for summer 2020 to Espoo, Finland. QA Engineers at Rovio Games are responsible for developing and running test automation, tools and solutions to ensure our games can be tested effectively and that they are of good quality before being released.
QA Engineers work closely to the development teams, extending them with test automation and QA Engineering competence. QA Engineers, although being developers, are quality professionals and their main goal is to develop test automation to support the development teams, QA Leads and QA teams in meeting project quality targets more effectively than with conventional and manual game testing approaches.
- Develop and maintain test automation scripts and tools
- Support Rovio's test automation efforts on selected projects
- Implement automated tests, tools and solutions
- Execute automated test cases and analysis of test results
- Report found issues and verification of the fixes
Who we think will do great in the role:
- You have genuine interest in game or software testing and in test automation
- You have experience with Unity
- You have experience in scripting (e.g. Python)
- You are studying or got a degree in computer science
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Experience in programming (e.g. C++, Java)
- Experience in test automation tools (e.g. Appium, Robot Framework)
- Experience in bug reporting and in bug reporting tools (e.g. Jira)
- Familiar with Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins)
- Excellent knowledge of information technology (gadgets, mobile devices, PCs, Mac, web, consoles, security etc.)
- Familiar with mobile game development and the limitations in the mobile environment (iOS, Android etc.)
- Experience from professional game testing and test case execution
What you get when you join us:
- A company that has an excellent legacy in the mobile games industry and a strong strategy to continue growing
- Awesome coworkers: We are a family-like community that is hands-on, collaborative and ambitious. We help each other grow professionally
- Fun and international environment: You will hear lots of languages, jokes and laughter in our workplace
Please note that the duration of this position is from 3 to 5 months and we don’t provide relocation assistance or support in acquiring work visa if you’re from abroad.
Please apply by filling the online application form (please attach a cover letter with your CV) including the earliest date when you can start working.
Don't keep us waiting but send your application already today! Deadline of receiving application is 9:00 A.M, 19th February 2020.