(Senior) Visual Development Artist19.10.2020 Art Stockholm Metropolitan Area Permanent Open position Apply here
Rovio’s Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon that put Angry Birds on the map. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles in the RPG genre, with the Angry Birds brand and also new original IPs. Our ambitious teams are full of passionate RPG players who are eager to leave their mark. We describe our approach to this wide genre as “lean RPG” – we strive to create games that are approachable, but retain the deep mechanics and late game that RPG players know and love.
When making games with our lean RPG approach, we employ the design pillars of approachability, fresh core gameplay, a focus on our super fans, and creating living game experiences through live-ops. Our development is driven by our players. We use data to provide insights into our players’ needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
We are on the lookout for a talented Visual Development Artist to join our multinational art team to work across multiple projects, amongst them the hugely successful Angry Birds 2. We’d love to have our team members bring their own creative vision to everything they do. If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in a fun and creative environment with skilled coworkers, contribute to captivating new products, and expose your work to a global audience.
As a Visual Development Artist, you will be the link between art and marketing in our studio. You’ll develop high-quality visual in-game mockups following a set art style but also have the ability to change that style into different versions and themes to be used in marketability research while working closely with art leads, marketing and Art Director.
- Be the tip of the spear when it comes to illustrating and delivering polished in-game screenshots and mockups
- Maintain a strong line of communication between marketing and the game team leads
- Push our house art style to the next level together with our talented in-house artists
- Deliver visualizations in a timely manner with guidelines and requests provided by our marketing team
- Be part of creating concept art for the game teams when a prototype is not in process or being researched
Who we think will do great in this role has
- A portfolio showcasing high-quality stylized illustrations of characters and environments
- A strong interest in finalizing in-game mockups that will be used as guidelines for our upcoming games
- Full understanding on how games are developed on a high level
- Excellent skills in multitasking, organizing, communication, and team collaboration
- Open to providing and receiving feedback and enjoys working in a fast-paced, constantly iterating environment
We’d love if you have some of these
- Over 5 years of experience working in games
- Experience in using 3D for your mockups or concepts
- Experience in creating UI/UX for games
- Have a strong interest in F2P games and game development
- Have previous experience working as a Visual Development Artist
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager and one of our senior artists. Before diving deeper into your competencies, we would like to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will perform a short test so we can understand your qualities working within some set guidelines.
- Final meetings: You will meet other members from our wider team. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.