Senior User Experience Researcher12.01.2023 Marketing Permanent Open position Apply here
We’re looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join our studio in Stockholm to work on Rovio’s biggest game, Angry Birds 2, as well as new games in development.
As a Senior UX Researcher at Rovio you will leverage your passion for mobile games and user research skills to help game teams understand their audience and create the most intuitive, accessible, user friendly and engaging games in the mobile industry.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work on our biggest live game, Angry Birds 2, by helping the game team answer the most challenging questions they face around design and target audience. This includes working closely with many parts of the organisation including game leads, UX and game design, BI, marketing, art, community, studio management, as well as external research companies and platforms.
Through player insight you will influence and inspire positive change at all stages of the feature and live-ops development by conducting qualitative and quantitative research and delivering findings to stakeholders through workshops, collaboration, presentations, and documentation.
The players’ experience comes first at Rovio, so in this critical role your job as a UX researcher is to drive a players first mindset by championing the user and being the voice of the player. Ultimately your role will enable studios to acknowledge both business and player needs and define their target audience through understanding player experience, expectations and motivations. This will enable teams to make informed user-centred decisions and solutions through research and insights to deliver world class mobile games.
- Hands-on Mixed-method Research: Plan, coordinate, manage and carry out studies using various research methodologies, including qualitative, quantitative or any mixed approach that you consider the best-fit based on your expertise and the teams’ needs.
- Full Lifecycle Support: Work closely with the development and marketing teams throughout the life cycle of games, from concept and prototype to post-launch and live-ops. Understand their design intentions, define the research goals and carry out research projects on a continuous iterative basis.
- User-centric Mindset in Games: Be a strong voice advocating for the players and drive player-focused decisions throughout game development and marketing with actionable insights in player experience, needs and motivations, usability, competitor benchmarking, game economy, etc.
- Cross-team Communication & Collaboration: Be the key point of contact and resident expert on all user research matters for your partner development teams. Collaborate across different function teams when needed, including but not limited to marketing, BI, art, UX/UI design, game design, community, player support, etc.
We think you'll do great in this role if you have
- A proven track record of working in a UX research role in games, motivated by delivering business driven results
- Proficiency in qualitative methods (e.g. one-on-one interviews, playtesting, focus groups, digital diaries, etc.) and quantitative methods (e.g. survey design and implementation, benchmarking, behavioural analytics, and basic statistical data analysis methods).
- Deep knowledge and passion for mobile gaming and understanding the people who play them
- A proactive attitude to push forward product insights to key stakeholders and a proven ability to translate findings into actionable product improvements
- Excellent interpersonal communication, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational, project management and analytical skills
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams including partnering with business intelligence and data scientists for data exchange
Icing on the cake
- Bachelor or Masters degree in human computer interaction (HCI), psychology, interaction design, or product design
- Data analysis skills with SPSS or R
Please submit your CV and be ready to complete a test showcasing your skills during the interview process. If you have any portfolio showcasing strong examples of research work, please kindly send along when you apply.
First meeting: A Talent Acquisition Partner will reach out for a quick chat to understand who you are and what your experience has been. This is also an opportunity for you to learn about Rovio and this role.
Second round: You will meet the hiring manager, the VP of Marketing.. The aim is for us to understand you as a potential game UX researcher, what your experience has been and what motivates you. After this interview, you might do an exercise to complete in your own time.
Third round: You will be invited to meet some of the other UXR team members. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture or what you would add to it, your ambitions and where we can help each other develop.
Last round: You will meet our Head of Studios and our Stockholm Production Director. Our aim is to create an opportunity for you to meet some key stakeholders to learn more about each other.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.