Senior UI/UX Artist29.01.2024 Art Permanent Open position Apply here
At Rovio you will get to work with multiple groundbreaking IP’s including one of the most famous game IP’s in the world: Angry Birds! We craft joy with player-focused gaming experiences that last for decades. In order to do that, we know that people need to bring their own joy to what we do. That’s why we value work-life balance, say no to crunch culture, and welcome people from all walks of life to join the flock. Today, we are a proud team of 500+ caring and talented professionals representing over 50 different nations.
We trust our teams to work autonomously by providing them the right tools and level of responsibility. We believe in our teams to remain creative and to keep learning – as well as ensuring everyone has opportunities for personal growth.
We are now looking for a Senior UX/UI Artist to join our flagship title Angry Birds 2 working as a part of a multidisciplinary team composed of game designers, game artists and game developers. You will be an essential part of making commercially successful games, creating good looking, user friendly and consistent mobile user interfaces that delight our players. In this position you will get a chance to tackle many different kinds of tasks, ranging from creative challenges to implementation tricks.
We work in a hybrid model (with 2-3 days per week onsite). Currently not based in Sweden? No problem at all, we will help you with the relocation and work permit if needed! If you are already in Spain and have work authorization, a location in our Barcelona studio is also an option.
You will have impact and fun at work by:
- Creating UI/UX and visual assets for Angry Birds 2
- Developing UI/UX flows and working on Feature Explorations
- Creating wireframes and visual layouts based on project needs
- Designing and completing game visuals from concept to final asset and implementation
- Creating backgrounds, UI animations and VFX- particle systems
- Communicating and coordinating with other team members to find the best solutions from a cross-functional perspective
- Continuously identifying and driving the improvement suggestions in the project when it comes to way of working, structure or cross craft process improvements
Experience and skills we are looking for:
- Solid professional UI/UX experience in the game industry and mobile games
- Experience implementing UI elements from scratch in game engines, preferably Unity 3D
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and other visual design and wireframing tools with a well-developed sense of colour and composition
- An excellent understanding of the principles of visual and interaction design and experience with user-centred design approaches and methods
- Knowledge of game art optimization, managing the technical visual resources and restrictions
- Ability to take full ownership of your work in the game end to end and a proven experience of making continuous improvement to the game’s quality
- Strong collaboration skills within the cross functional team and ability to share and receive feedback and elevate your peers
It would be nice if you also have the following skills:
- Experience in animating UI in Unity
- 2D illustration and concepting skills
- Interest in data-driven approaches to optimise art for games business performance
- Knowledge of, and an interest in free-to-play best-practices as they relate to interface design
Initial call: A quick chat with a TA partner for you to hear a bit more about the role, and for us to get an initial picture of who you are
First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager and the craft lead. The aim is for us to know who you are, dive deeper into your skills and understand what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn about Rovio, the wider team and the specifics of the role
Take home test to complete at your own pace that will help us understand your design process, UI & artistic skills better
Second round: You will have a meeting with the art team to dive deeper and review your test, explore how you collaborate with peers and how it is to have you as a colleague
Final interview: You will meet with a few members of the game team and we would love to learn how it is to work with you and how you collaborate with different crafts
Please send your CV in English and your Portfolio (a link to your page on Artstation, Behance or a PDF as attachment if you prefer).
Rovio's Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon Angry Birds. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles with the Angry Birds brand as well as new original IPs. Our approach is to focus on highly accessible yet innovative cores paired with Rovio's light-hearted aesthetic. At the same time, we still aim to deliver a deep meta that can keep players engaged for decades. Our development is driven by our players as we push to become masters of our genre. We use data to provide insights into our players' needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
Our ambitious teams are full of passionate gamers who are eager to leave their mark.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.
At Rovio, we are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our working environment and job application procedures. We make all reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or who otherwise need support to thrive in the workplace. We are committed to continuously improving workplace accessibility. If you have any questions before applying, please write to us at email@example.com.