Senior QAView all open positions
Senior QA14.02.2023 Quality Assurance Permanent Open position Apply here
Rovio Stockholm studio is developing one the biggest games in Rovio’s portfolio Angry Birds 2 as well as working on some new exciting projects. We are a fun and collaborative studio in the centre of Stockholm and as our games are steadily growing the fanbase, we are looking to add another Senior QA Specialist to the team. You will have a chance to contribute to creating well performing mobile games for millions of daily users.
What your days will look like:
- Managing and driving the QA process in the game
- Providing up to date and accurate picture of product quality
- Facilitate execution of project’s test activities, Internal and External
- Creating and maintaining project’s test plan and test cases
- Overseeing the work of an external QA team
- Supporting development team in reaching better product quality
- Handling submission pipelines and release activities
- Acting on live issues
- Managing bug reports
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Experience with games both as a QA tester and a player
- Knowledge of mobile game industry’s QA tools and software
- Good understanding of mobile platforms and hardware
- Experience with bug tracking and version control software
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills in English
- Curiosity and drive to learn new skills
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and delegate different tasks while working independently or as part of a team
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Experience in Unity
- Experience with CI tools (Jenkins)
- First meeting: you will have a quick call with our TA partner to understand what motivates you and what you are looking for as the next step
- Second meeting: You will meet the hiring manager and a member on the team. We will be diving deeper into your skills and will also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Take home test task
- Final round: You will be invited to meet members on the game team you will be working with. Our aim is to get a clear overview of how you would fit with our working culture and your ambitions.
Rovio's Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon Angry Birds. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles with the Angry Birds brand as well as new original IPs. Our approach is to focus on highly accessible yet innovative cores paired with Rovio's light-hearted aesthetic. At the same time, we still aim to deliver a deep meta that can keep players engaged for decades. Our development is driven by our players as we push to become masters of our genre. We use data to provide insights into our players' needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
Our ambitious teams are full of passionate gamers who are eager to leave their mark.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.