Senior Game Developer, Tech Lead10.07.2020 Technology Permanent Open position Apply here
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Lead Game Developer to join our Studio in Stockholm, Sweden. You will be working on and improving our already world class games or might get involved into a new yet to be published title! This is a new role for our studio where you will get some extra ownership of the tech side for one of our games and be able to advise the team when taking tech decisions together. Your impact will be noticeable beyond your team and probably even beyond the Studio.
How you will be spending your days:
- Be the driving force behind designing and prototyping new game features
- Own key design decisions on a particular game and being responsible for the technical success of the game together with the rest of the team
- Both daily contributing to the code and craft long term tech strategy for one of the games
- Help, teach, and mentor less experienced developers
- Implement game features with other developers in the team
- Work with server developers for seamless backend integration
- Optimise the games to run smoothly on mobile platforms
- Introduce new best practices to ensure seamless delivery of the team
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Minimum 5 years of commercial game programming experience
- Minimum 3 years of game development experience with Unity
- Strong programming skills with C#
- Experience with debugging, profiling and performance optimisations
- Good understanding of mobile platforms and hardware
- Broad knowledge of game architecture and technologies
- Experience with F2P games both as a developer and a player
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Knowledge of game architecture and technologies
- Experience in technical leadership
- Good understanding of Clean Code and SOLID principles
- Experience with unit tests and test driven development (TDD)
- Call with a TA partner: before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio.
- Call with the Tech Director of the Stockholm studio to dig deeper into details and your experience as an Engineer.
- Code test homework: we would like to learn more about your coding skills and it is an opportunity for you to present what you are capable of.
- Second rounds: Technical interview to present and discuss your homework with our developers along with a discussion with the game team. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.
Don't keep us waiting but send your application already today!
Rovio's Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon Angry Birds. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles with the Angry Birds brand as well as new original IPs. Our approach is to focus on highly accessible yet innovative cores paired with Rovio's light-hearted aesthetic. At the same time, we still aim to deliver a deep meta that can keep players engaged for decades. Our development is driven by our players as we push to become masters of our genre. We use data to provide insights into our players' needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
Our ambitious teams are full of passionate gamers who are eager to leave their mark.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.