(Senior) Game Artist22.12.2022 Art Permanent Open position Apply here
Hola a todos! We are excited to announce that Rovio is opening an entity in Barcelona! Rovio is growing, and games such as Dream Blast and Angry Birds Friends are looking to recruit more people to work their magic on making and growing the games in Barcelona, working in tandem and as equal with the team at HQ in Finland.
At Rovio you get to work with one of the most famous games IP’s in the world: Angry Birds. Rovio’s mission is “We craft Joy”. We know that companies don’t create games, people do and we know that our people are our most valuable asset. We value that people have lives outside the workplace. We encourage balance because we want people to deliver quality work. We believe and trust in our teams. Teams and studios have ownership and autonomy of their games both in terms of processes as well as roadmapping. We want to make sure everyone has personal growth possibilities at Rovio and we focus on inclusion and diversity.
We are looking for a talented Game Art Generalist to join the Angry Birds Dream Blast game team - one of the largest and most successful games from Rovio’s Puzzle Studio.
The tasks you would be working on can ultimately vary depending on your skills and preferences, but our current idea of an ideal candidate would be a versatile game artist that can work with the games 2D asset pipelines and events from Illustrations and UIs from concepting to the final assets and implementation. We expect you to have a good understanding of best practices of Unity game projects. While making 2D game assets, UI layouts and illustrations would be your primary responsibility, having experience working with VFX, Spine Animations is seen as a big plus.
What your days will look like:
- Create concepts, layouts and illustrations for new features and events
- Creating UI assets using, 2D and 3D workflows, emphasis on 2D
- Creating the UI layout prefabs and collaborating with other game development team members such as UX Designers, Designers, Programmers and Technical Artists in implementing the features
- Creating simple animations with Unity timeline and Spine
Who we think will do great in this position:
- Has a great looking portfolio that demonstrates the skills needed for this position as well as sense of visual style
- Empathy and ability to understand the point of view of others, especially the players.
- Good proficiency in Unity for making game arts, e.g. importing assets, optimising and setting up assets, atlases, timeline, particles, shader graph, among other things.
- Proficiency in bitmap and vector workflows, e.g. Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Strong skills at creating game assets and UI Layouts.
- Strong understanding for colors, shape language and visual hierarchyProficient in spoken and written English
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a larger teamHas prior experience working in game teams
- Ability to learn and willingness to learn new things
We'd love if you had one of these:
- At least basic knowledge of 3D modelling/rendering and texturing
- Basic understanding of Unity
The steps that we would go through together:
- Portfolio and CV screening starting on the first week of January
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second meeting: You will get to talk to the people from our Barcelona office, if you have any questions of the practicalities, benefits or the office culture in Barcelona this is a good opportunity to ask those
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the game lead and team members from your future team