Senior Data Analyst01.11.2022 Business Intelligence Permanent Open position Apply here
Rovio's Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon Angry Birds. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles with the Angry Birds brand as well as new original IPs. Our approach is to focus on highly accessible yet innovative cores paired with Rovio's light-hearted aesthetic. At the same time, we still aim to deliver a deep meta that can keep players engaged for decades. Our development is driven by our players as we push to become masters of our genre. We use data to provide insights into our players' needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
Our ambitious teams are full of passionate gamers who are eager to leave their mark.
Coming into this role, you will build an understanding of the game, players and different business levers such as user acquisition and use that knowledge to build new game features, optimise existing ones and structure vague problem statements in collaboration with stakeholders such as product manager, designers, producers, and UA managers.
You will bring an objective perspective to all phases of decision making by leveraging strong technical skills to mine raw data for valuable information. Finally, we hope that you are a curious team player who is motivated and wants to have fun with data because at the end of the day we are a casual gaming studio, where we strive to have an environment that is fun and enjoyable while at the same time enables you to grow professionally.
What your days will look like:
- User Acquisition - Evaluating and understanding the quality of our players and user acquisition activities to recommend optimised ROI strategies
- Liveops - Supporting the team with recommendations based on data we collect, answering the team’s questions
- Experiments - Designing and running in-game experiments. Helping the team to find options leading to better game monetization performance and our audience satisfaction
- Data Exploration - Digging data we collect and looking for opportunities to improve gameplay experience and UA activities.
- Collaboration - Working closely with peer Data Analysts, Product Managers, Project Leads and UA managers to continuously improve how we are interpreting game metrics and making decisions
What we think is needed to thrive in this role:
- Experience in user acquisition and mobile app marketing
- Highly proficient in SQL
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python or R
- Solid understanding of statistics
- Experience in product analysis and experiments design (A/B testing, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Presentation and collaboration skills, when you are used to presenting data and providing actionable recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- Prio experience in mobile F2P games will definitely help you become productive quicker but is not an absolute must
First call: you will have a chance to meet the hiring manager. It will be a first conversation for you to understand the role better and for us to see what motivates you and how you see yourself in the data space.
Take home test: we will ask you to do an assignment at home that we use to assess your technical knowledge and problem solving. If the solution satisfies the requirements we will invite you to present it to the team and discuss it deeper. It is also a chance for you to meet more of your future colleagues.
Final round: a meeting with one of the game producers to evaluate your stakeholder management skills and how you fit into the bigger team.
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. It enables us to continually improve our games and provide incredible experiences for the millions of users who play our games every day. All of this data is only valuable if it can be used to guide our day to day operations. It is the job of Rovio data craft to turn that raw data into actionable insights for Rovio’s games teams and other business units. The data craft aims to empower Rovio’s teams with insightful data, and also with relevant tools and models that support decision making.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.