Producer04.09.2020 Production Copenhagen Metropolitan Area Permanent Contract Open position Apply here
Situated in the heart of the city, Rovio Copenhagen is on a mission to create high quality mobile games that deliver lasting fun and great depth. The studio strives to create accessible and casual action RPGs with a Nordic twist: beautiful games with innovative gameplay that will keep you playing for years. We’re currently 20 people in the studio, a good mix of seasoned veterans and fresh blood. Our studio environment is friendly, open, inclusive, and supportive.
We’re looking for a Producer to help manage the development of our ambitious RPG title, Darkfire Heroes. You’ll be deeply involved in planning development milestones, breaking down and communicating tasks to the team, tracking the development work, and pulling all the threads together into monthly shippable builds.
- Work with the game management team to drive the game through the different development stages.
- Participate in creating, tracking, and managing development schedules to ensure that milestones are completed on time and to the quality required.
- Implement and oversee the processes necessary to enable efficient development and progress tracking.
- Continually evaluate issues and risks, and take charge of solutions as necessary.
- Work with team members to give direction and track milestone tasks.
- Contribute to a healthy team culture, a positive work environment, and a motivated team attitude.
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- People management skills
- Project management skills
- Product knowledge
- Ensure that the team is aware of their priorities and provide them with adequate information whenever necessary.
- Ability to give concise and clear directions.
- Ability to identify and solve conflict situations.
- Enable the team to work as a cohesive unit towards a common goal.
- Recognize strengths and weaknesses of the team, and influence plans and processes accordingly.
- Maintain and improve the team morale and team spirit.
- Proactively seek solutions, not just highlight challenges.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in common project management methodologies such as lean, agile and project management tools and bug reporting/tracking systems.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in estimation, scheduling, scoping, release planning and stakeholder communication.
- Ability to effectively communicate updates in scope, priorities, expectations and design plans within the team and other stakeholders.
- Help the team to break things down into understandable, manageable and meaningful chunks.
- Always have a clear overview of the project and its status at various stages of development.
- Good understanding of games, F2P and video games industry.
- Passionate about the quality of the updates and the game.
- 2+ years experience in the industry.
- 2+ years experience in project management.
People management skills
Project management skills
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Previously shipped mobile games.
- Experience in live ops.
- First meeting: before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and Copenhagen studio.
- Second round: Discussion with the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop. We also try to give you a chance to meet the wider team.