Lead Data Scientist05.02.2024 Data & Analytics Permanent Open position Apply here
At Rovio you will get to work with multiple groundbreaking IPs including one of the most famous game IPs in the world: Angry Birds! We craft joy with player-focused gaming experiences that last for decades. In order to do that, we know that people need to bring their own joy to what we do. That’s why we value work-life balance, say no to crunch culture, and welcome people from all walks of life to join the flock. Today, we are a proud team of 500+ caring and talented professionals representing over 50 different nations.
We trust our teams to work autonomously by providing them the right tools and level of responsibility. We believe in our teams to remain creative and to keep learning – as well as ensuring everyone has opportunities for personal growth.
In the dynamic landscape of mobile gaming, the significance of User Acquisition (UA) cannot be overstated in determining a game's triumph. From drawing in fresh users to cultivating an active gaming community, user acquisition serves as a pivotal catalyst for securing the enduring success of a game. Within this domain, the Rovio Data Science team handles all aspects of statistical and machine learning models, emphasising research, development, deployment, and monitoring initiatives geared towards optimising UA.
Currently, we are at the forefront of an initiative to automate UA budget decisions, leveraging tailored LTV modelling alongside Bayesian bandits. Our team is all about teamwork and getting excited over challenging problems! We like to start with the equation when diving into problem-solving with a shared passion for modelling. We enjoy digging deep into tricky problems and find joy in collaborative whiteboard sessions in a good and relaxed atmosphere.
In light of these developments, we are seeking a Lead Data Scientist to join the team. The ideal candidate should possess strong expertise in mathematics, statistics, or machine learning, coupled with technical proficiency in programming and deployment. This role involves engaging with stakeholders, identifying business opportunities, conducting research, and implementing and deploying solutions in a production environment. If you're ready to contribute to the exciting world of mobile gaming and UA optimization, we invite you to be a key player in our team.
You will have impact and fun at work by doing:
- Development of innovative mathematical models
- Deployment of data science solutions in the cloud
- Engaging with stakeholders
- Ad-hoc analyses and exploration
- Providing senior leadership and mentorship
Experience and skills we are looking for:
- An advanced level of mathematical expertise demonstrated through extensive research and practical experience in the field
- Key areas in mathematics: Bayesian modelling, uncertainty and risk analysis, matrix computations, decision theory, optimization theory, predictive modelling
- Solid programming skills and experience with Python
- Expertise in designing and implementing data pipelines, familiarity with workflow management tools
- You are a team player who enjoys solving challenging problems
- You have good presentation and communication skills
- Initial call: a quick chat for you to hear a bit more about the role, and for us to get an initial picture of who you are
- First meeting: you will meet the hiring manager. The aim is for us to know who you are, dive deeper into your tech skills and understand what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn about Rovio, the wider team and the specifics of the role
- Take home test: you will do a take home exercise to complete in your own time.
- Test review interview: you will be later invited to discuss the solution and go through a deep dive in different areas with the team here.
- Final round: you will be meeting other members of the game team and our aim is to get a clear overview of how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help each other develop and see how you will work in a larger team.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.
At Rovio, we are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our working environment and job application procedures. We make all reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or who otherwise need support to thrive in the workplace. We are committed to continuously improving workplace accessibility. If you have any questions before applying, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.