Lead Data Analyst, UA04.10.2022 Business Intelligence Permanent Open position Apply here
We are looking for a passionate Lead Data Analyst to join our Puzzle Studio in Helsinki , Finland.
We at Rovio’s Puzzle Studio have our sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, we have built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since our founding in 2014. We have introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, and the narrative-driven Small Town Murders, as well as provided players with exciting new content and events in fan-favorite games such as Angry Birds Friends. This year we have just launched Angry Birds Journey: an all-new slingshot game full of fun puzzles and delightful destruction! With our games, we aim to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
Coming into this role will give you a key position in growing our games with a special focus on supporting and diving deep into the UA area. In this role you will have a chance to work full-time on one of our games providing it with critical game analytics and ensuring that the game team receives valuable insights to propel the game forward.
We expect you to be a gamer at heart with return of investment on the top of your mind. You are an excellent individual contributor that leads by example. To thrive in this position it is imperative with well-developed communication skills as you will work with people from creatives to finance and will at times need to explain complex subjects. Communication is the key to make data actionable. Additionally, you should be able to clearly define suggestions and work with your team to accomplish their goals.
In this role you would be focusing on strengthening the product marketing analytics in our game teams by joining the Angry Birds DreamBlast improving our User Acquisition activities and creative insights. You would also be responsible for building product marketing analytics understanding in the studio by coaching and hiring in the future.
How you will spend your time
- You will spend most of your time as a senior analyst in a game project improving our campaign management and UA creative;
- Evaluating and defining metrics and understanding long-term trends;
- Supporting studio data craft lead in portfolio level analysis and roadmap planning;
- Designing experiments and creating dashboards and reports;
- Coaching team members to improve their performance and help them advance in their career development.
Who we think will do great in this role has
- Passion for casual gaming and problem solving;
- Experience in mobile app marketing and user acquisition;
- Experience as an analyst, data scientist or product manager;
- Ability to turn analysis into valuable actions;
- Experience in A/B testing design, implementation and decision making;
- High level of proficiency in relevant scripting language(s), e.g. SQL, Python/R;
- Understanding of statistical analysis;
- Track record in mentoring data analysts.
And it would be a bonus if you also have
- Prior experience in mobile free-to-play games;
- Open source big data technologies and large data sets;
- General understanding on deploying applications in cloud environment.
First meeting: You will meet the TA Partner. Before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
Meeting your future lead and a short task: we will ask you to do a quick dive into one of our games to understand your problem solving skills, and also get a sense of your thinking and ideas related to the game.
Second round: You will be asked to do a take home test that you wold later present to the team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop. We also try to give you a chance to meet the wider team from the Puzzle Studio.
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. It enables us to continually improve our games and provide incredible experiences for the millions of users who play our games every day. All of this data is only valuable if it can be used to guide our day to day operations. It is the job of Rovio data craft to turn that raw data into actionable insights for Rovio’s games teams and other business units. The data craft aims to empower Rovio’s teams with insightful data, and also with relevant tools and models that support decision making.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.