Lead Data Analyst, Team Manager03.02.2022 Business Intelligence Permanent Open position Apply here
We at Rovio’s Puzzle Studio have our sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, we have built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since our founding in 2014. We have introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, and the narrative-driven Small Town Murders, as well as provided players with exciting new content and events in fan-favorite games such as Angry Birds Friends. This year we have just launched Angry Birds Journey: an all-new slingshot game full of fun puzzles and delightful destruction! With our games, we aim to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
Coming into this role will give you a key position in growing our games. On the one hand it entails team leadership duties. On the other hand you will have a chance to work on one of our games as well as oversee the needs of the studio in terms of game analytics. You will ensure that the teams receive valuable insights for creating the best games, by participating in strategic planning and helping your team members in prioritising their tasks to reach the studio goals. As a team lead, you will nourish an inspiring team culture and mentor your team members to develop professionally.
We expect you to be a gamer at heart with return of investment on the top of your mind. To thrive in this position it is imperative with well-developed communication skills as you will work with people from creatives to finance and will at times need to explain complex subjects. Communication is the key to make data actionable. Additionally, you should be able to clearly define suggestions and work with your team to accomplish their goals.
- Evaluating and defining metrics
- Understanding changes in key metrics and long-term trends
- Providing leadership and support to a team of data analysts
- Coaching team members to improve their performance and help them advance in their career development
- Supporting studio management in portfolio level analysis and roadmap planning
- Driving decision making through presentation of work
- Spreading best practises to analytics and game teams
- Developing models of user behavior for analysis
- Designing and evaluating experiments
- Creating dashboards and reports
- Building data sets and automating analyses using SQL
- Drafting and assessing tracking events
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Passion for casual gaming and problem solving!
- Genuine interest in people leadership
- Several years experience as an analyst, data scientist or product manager
- Track record in leading a team and mentoring data analysts
- Ability to turn analysis into valuable action
- Excellent communication and cooperation skills
- Data literacy and quantitative analysis skills
- Knowledge of advanced SQL
- Experience in A/B testing design, implementation and decision making
- High level of proficiency in relevant scripting language(s), e.g. Python/R
- Understanding of statistical analysis, bayesian methods and machine learning
- Fluent English skills
- Openness to feedback and ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly iterating environment
- Willingness to re-imagine ways of working
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Open source big data technologies and large data sets
- Data pipeline automation
- Amazon Web Services, especially with S3, Athena, Presto, Spark and Druid. General understanding on deploying applications in AWS environment
- Prior experience in working in games industry
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop. We also try to give you a chance to meet the wider team from the Puzzle Studio.
- Third round: You will meet our HR specialist. The goal is to explain the people processes here and discuss your views on people leadership.
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. It enables us to continually improve our games and provide incredible experiences for the millions of users who play our games every day. All of this data is only valuable if it can be used to guide our day to day operations. It is the job of Rovio data craft to turn that raw data into actionable insights for Rovio’s games teams and other business units. The data craft aims to empower Rovio’s teams with insightful data, and also with relevant tools and models that support decision making.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.