Head of Studio, StockholmView all open positions
Head of Studio, Stockholm24.11.2022 Management & Leadership Permanent Open position Apply here
Rovio's Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon Angry Birds. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles with the Angry Birds brand as well as new original IPs. Our approach is to focus on highly accessible yet innovative cores paired with Rovio's light-hearted aesthetic. At the same time, we still aim to deliver a deep meta that can keep players engaged for decades. Our development is driven by our players as we push to become masters of our genre. We use data to provide insights into our players' needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration. Our ambitious teams are full of passionate gamers who are eager to leave their mark.
As the Head of Studio, you will be responsible for leading the game studio business both from a strategic and operational point of view. You will have the P&L responsibility and ensure the creation and execution of the studio strategy. In addition, you’ll actively participate in Game management work, specifically related to Games strategy, and portfolio & roadmap management.
- Create and lead Studio and Games strategy, to align the focus and mission of the Studio
- Own and drive the Studio’s games portfolio and product roadmap ensuring the delivery of new games and successful operation of live games
- Build, inspire and lead high performing individuals and teams, creating a studio culture that motivates and retains talent required for success
- Bring thought leadership and innovation to the mobile games development and business with deep understanding of the constantly evolving market
- Work in deep partnership with other parts of the organization to drive effective games overall business
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Strong experience and a track record in managing and leading diverse cross functional teams
- Strong understanding of the game industry, and preferably f2p mobile games, and a passion for games in all their forms
- Proven production experience, sharp business sense and deep product knowledge, ability to see the big picture in all areas of game development
- High level of integrity and approachability
We’d love if you have experience with these:
- Extensive people management skills
- Experience in working with senior levels of management
- Several years of working experience with mobile and/or social games
- Extensive experience managing studio P&L, budgets and large daily revenue numbers
What's in it for you
- We have mastered the mobile puzzle genre for ages. You’ll get to work with a super talented team that knows the ins and outs of making successful games that last. As an example, Angry Birds 2 is currently Rovio’s most successful game.
- We’re built on independence and responsibility. We understand the way for our people and teams to do their best work is to give them the freedom and independence to truly own their projects.
- We cherish the Nordic work culture. We create joy, value teamwork, and support wellbeing and overall work life balance.
- This is a rare opening in a successful, and stable company. Our future Head of Studio, we cannot wait to meet you!
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.