Data Analyst15.09.2020 Business Intelligence Stockholm Metropolitan Area Permanent Contract Open position Apply here
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. It enables us to continually improve our games and provide incredible experiences for the millions of users who play our games every day. All of this data is only valuable if it can be used to guide our day to day operations. It is the job of Business Intelligence to turn that raw data into actionable insights for Rovio’s games teams and other business units. The Business intelligence team aims to empower Rovio’s teams with insightful data, and also with relevant tools and models that support decision making.
We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst to join our Stockholm Studio in Sweden. Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon that put Angry Birds on the map. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day. In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles in the RPG genre, with the Angry Birds brand and also new original IPs. Our ambitious teams are full of passionate RPG players who are eager to leave their mark. We describe our approach to this wide genre as “lean RPG” – we strive to create games that are approachable, but retain the deep mechanics and late game that RPG players know and love.
When making games with our lean RPG approach, we employ the design pillars of approachability, fresh core gameplay, a focus on our super fans, and creating living game experiences through live-ops. Our development is driven by our players. We use data to provide insights into our players’ needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration. In this position, you will have a key role in developing our upcoming titles and helping the team to create engaging experiences for millions of players. You will use your analytical skills to understand differences in user behavior. In many ways, analytics drives what actions we take in game development. You will identify and influence core aspects of our games in close collaboration with product managers, game designers and other analysts.
- Designing and evaluating experiments
- Driving decision making through presentation of work
- Creating dashboards and reports
- Evaluating and defining metrics
- Understanding changes in key metrics and long-term trends
- Preparing data sets and automating analyses using SQL
- Building models of user behavior for analysis
- Designing and evaluating tracking events
- Spreading best practices to analytics and game teams
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Passion for gaming and problem solving!
- Ability to turn analyses into valuable action
- Excellent communication and cooperation skills
- Knowledge of advanced SQL
- Data literacy and quantitative analysis skills
- Experience in A/B Testing design, implementation and decision making
- High level of proficiency in relevant scripting language(s), e.g. R or Python
- Understanding of statistical analysis
- Willingness to re-imagine ways of working
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Prior experience working in the gaming industry
- Know-how in big data technologies, e.g Presto, Athena, Hive
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will work on an exercise to complete in your own time, and present the results to the wider team afterwards. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the studio member(s), to give you a chance to meet the game team.