Senior Product Manager08.07.2020 Product Management Stockholm Metropolitan Area Permanent Contract Open position Apply here
Rovio’s Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon that put Angry Birds on the map. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles in the RPG genre, with the Angry Birds brand and also new original IPs. Our ambitious teams are full of passionate RPG players who are eager to leave their mark. We describe our approach to this wide genre as “lean RPG” – we strive to create games that are approachable, but retain the deep mechanics and late game that RPG players know and love.
When making games with our lean RPG approach, we employ the design pillars of approachability, fresh core gameplay, a focus on our super fans, and creating living game experiences through live-ops. Our development is driven by our players. We use data to provide insights into our players’ needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager with a proven track record of success in mobile F2P games and strong analytical passion to join the team behind the flagship title Angry Birds 2.
The team has created one of the largest comebacks in the gaming industry. Angry Birds 2 was struggling after launch and used data to turn the game around to be consistently in the top 80 grossing charts. Our culture makes it so anything can change and everything can be tested.
You will be working closely with analysts and game designers throughout the organization in order to analyze and communicate conclusions from live data, create new opportunities for enhancing the game economies and optimize the use of existing ones. You will be facilitating the knowledge sharing within our Games unit and support the Game Leads, Product Managers and game development teams in the company.
To thrive in this position, the candidate will need excellent social skills to be able to work with anyone from creatives to finance. They must demonstrate the ability to explain complex subjects to anyone. They must be able to clearly define suggestions and work with the game team to accomplish their goals.
- Be the champion to lead and challenge the team on F2P design and event optimization
- Work very closely with the Game Lead, Designers and BI to support them in setting the vision and priorities for the game development
- Design, manage and constantly optimize the games’ economies combining analytical and creative inputs
- Analyze product KPIs, A/B test results and available data
- Communicate analytical findings to the team, and recommend changes or new areas of focus
- Be the owner of live operations, manage, analyze, and balance all events and offers in the game
- Communicate the current KPI’s and results of the game to other product managers and games management
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- 5+ years of experience with F2P games
- Worked on a live F2P mobile game with a proven track record of success
- Strong analytic skills and experience with metrics-driven decision making
- Deep knowledge on user engagement and games with F2P business models
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in A/B Testing and working directly with data analysts/scientists
- Ability to tell a story with data, after receiving it in raw form
- Ability to guide designs to make the best product possible
- Passion for games and an exhaustive knowledge of noteworthy industry trends
- Fluent English skills