Youtube Content Specialist01.11.2023 Brand Licensing Unit Fixed-term Open position Apply here
At Rovio you will get to work with multiple groundbreaking IP’s including one of the most famous game IP’s in the world: Angry Birds! We craft joy with player-focused gaming experiences that last for decades. In order to do that, we know that people need to bring their own joy to what we do. That’s why we value work-life balance, say no to crunch culture, and welcome people from all walks of life to join the flock. Today, we are a proud team of 500+ caring and talented professionals representing over 50 different nations.
We trust our teams to work autonomously by providing them the right tools and level of responsibility. We believe in our teams to remain creative and to keep learning – as well as ensuring everyone has opportunities for personal growth.
Rovio’s Brand Licensing Unit works with the core of the Angry Birds IP. Working across diverse business areas, the Brand Licensing Unit has a key role in nurturing and developing the fandom of Angry Birds. The Unit is responsible for Licensed products, Parks and Location-based entertainment, Publishing, Content Production and Content Licensing. The team is responsible for Angry Birds Movies, Animated series production and Content distribution & licensing to over 191 territories around the globe.
The team is partnering with various distributors, TV-channels and VOD-platforms and producing both Long format and Short format Animated series. The team also manages the Angry Birds YouTube channel with over 6 million subscribers, and produces snappy, interesting, and sometimes experimental video content in an agile manner.
Are you a content creator on YouTube? Are you interested in mastering the art of crafting engaging content for prominent YouTube channels? We are currently on the lookout for a motivated, collaborative, and skilled individual ready to curate and develop content for our brand's YouTube channel within our Brand Licensing Unit in Espoo, Finland.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in creating assets and content for a global entertainment brand and managing YouTube channels. You will also collaborate with our team, which works closely with major video platforms like Netflix and Amazon for our animated series, partners with our game development teams and community managers, and collaborates with our Licensing team, responsible for world-class licensees. Please note that this position is for a fixed-term for 10 months.
Our entire team is based in Finland, and we are adopting a hybrid work model, allowing for flexible work arrangements with 1-3 days per week on-site.
You will have impact and fun at work by doing:
- Create video content for Angry Birds YouTube channels, including filming and editing.
- Create visual assets such as thumbnails, banners & creatives related to YouTube channels and animated series releases.
- Coordinate Angry Birds YouTube Release Schedule across multiple Channels, as well as manage the Youtube community tab and its content.
- Coordinate with external vendors in creating content for the Youtube Channels Collaborate with Brand, Games, Community, Licensing, and Animation stakeholders
- Monitor Analytics and Set Up ad campaigns for animated series and content.
Experience and skills we are looking for:
- Basic hands-on skills with video production and design, including experience with video and image editing with tools such as Adobe Suite
- Visual eye for creating image assets
- Well-organised working style and ability to quickly learn new things in a dynamic working environment
- Knowledge of running YouTube and best practises
- Passion for Youtube and creating content
- Word savvy in order to optimise SEO, descriptions and titlesFluency in English, both written and spoken
- Studies in Audio Visual production, Multimedia, Marketing or similar fields
It would be nice if you also have the following skills:
- Personal characteristics: Highly creative and collaborative; problem solving attitude; passion for entertainment, pop-culture and video games
- Experience in using YouTube Studio
- Basic knowledge in running Google ad campaigns
- Application phase: Please create and edit a video that showcases your skills and personality! Max length: 90 seconds. You can also add a link to your Portfolio and/or YouTube channel.
- First meeting: A Talent Acquisition Partner will reach out for a quick chat to understand who you are and what your experience has been. This is also an opportunity for you to learn about Rovio and this role.
- Homework: You will complete a homework task that will showcase your skills and prepare for the next round.
- Second round: You will meet the hiring manager and supervising colleague. The aim is for us to know who you are, what your experience has been and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn about Rovio, the wider team and the specifics of the role. Before the meeting, you will do a Photoshop exercise to complete in your own time.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.
At Rovio, we are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our working environment and job application procedures. We make all reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or who otherwise need support to thrive in the workplace. We are committed to continuously improving workplace accessibility. If you have any questions before applying, please write to us at email@example.com.