User Researcher – Marketing03.03.2021 User Research Helsinki Metropolitan Area Permanent Open position Apply here
Mixing the world-class expertise of six different crafts – Product Marketing, User Acquisition, User Experience Research, Market Intelligence, Marketing Video Production, and Player Experience, our team’s main mission is to fuel the growth of our games portfolio.
Largely embedded within game teams and in close collaboration with a large variety of stakeholders, our role is to identify, anticipate and make sure to satisfy our target audiences’ needs and wants. We do this across all touchpoints – from early research on new concepts, to how we reach out to millions of players through our marketing campaigns, or to how we engage them through our social networks and other discussion platforms.
We’re looking for a User Researcher to join our research team based in Helsinki Metropolitan Area, Finland.
As a User Researcher at Rovio, you will leverage your passion for user research and psychology applied to the context of mobile games advertising. You will help our teams to develop industry leading creatives and marketing material by building insight on effective advertising aimed at our target audience.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work on both new and existing titles' in our Puzzle studio, and collaborate closely with many parts of the organization including; user acquisition team, product marketing, advertising creative leads, studio management, BI and game teams. Ultimately this critical role is about enabling teams to understand the foundations of leading high-performing creative strategies & individual ads. You will help inform decisions that enable us to effectively market world class mobile games. Through competitor benchmarking, player insight and other user research methods you will influence directions and inspire positive change in our creative strategy. This will be done by conducting qualitative and quantitative research and delivering findings to stakeholders through workshops, collaboration, presentations, and reports.
- Work with projects to build deep insight on player psychology, and competitive trends of ads to help develop creative strategies that resonate with the target audience and help identify new opportunities in the competitive advertising landscape.
- Support creative and project teams to help understand consumer behavior and motives behind consumer decisions and deliver clear, actionable and compelling insights to help inform creative direction.
- Analyze trends in creatives from competitors and translate findings to support strategic decisions and help define future content/storytelling/ads.
- Help teams understand the creative’s emotional, cognitive and motivational levers that can make people take action within a mobile environment.
- Investigate, evaluate and recommend new research techniques, technologies, methodologies and process improvements.
- Plan, coordinate, manage and execute research studies using various research methodologies including: moderated and unmoderated studies, surveys, interviews, focus groups, written guides, screeners, and workshop facilitation and management.
- Actively influence, prioritize and make recommendations based on findings to the user acquisition team, creative teams, game teams and studio management.
- Advocate research findings to stakeholders through written reports and oral presentations, all the way up to the executive leadership team.
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Have 3+ years of experience working in a research role in a business environment.
- Have deep knowledge and passion in the areas of cognitive science in relation to advertising and understanding the people who play mobile games.
- Proven track record for delivering research insights in an art/creative, advertising or mobile game environment.
- Extensive knowledge and a broad range of skills in research design and qualitative and quantitative methods applied in a business environment.
- Proven ability to translate insights and findings into actionable creative improvements.
- Demonstrated experience with helping organizations improve their research methods.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Team player who is able to work collaboratively with other key disciplines, has initiative and can drive projects to completion with minimal oversight.
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, Masters degree, or equivalent in cognitive sciences, human computer interaction (HCI), psychology, advertising, or related field.
- Prior experience working on mobile titles.
- Prior experience working in an advertising or entertainment environment.
- Passion to play different games, especially in the Puzzle Genre.
- First round: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are, what your experience has been to date and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio.
- Second round: You will meet the User Research team.
- Final round: You will be wider team members from the User Acquisition and Product Marketing teams as well as game teams.