Senior Server Developer30.07.2020 Technology Helsinki Metropolitan Area Permanent Open position Apply here
Rovio’s Battle Studio is all about making games that don’t shy away from mixing RPG and action elements with strategy. As such, the team is working on creating the most approachable 4X game on the market, which is currently in soft launch and will be soon in global launch. Set up in 2016, the studio has a flat hierarchy, a high level of transparency and open communication. The team is always trying to find ways to improve its projects, tools, communication, and themselves, while keeping the atmosphere friendly, inclusive, respectful and super supportive. With flexible hours, the teams are respectful of each other’s time, as well as collectively learning from both mistakes and successes as they grow in numbers and experience.
In a nutshell, the team’s mission is to increase the accessibility of the strategy genre by making such games more appealing to a broader audience.
We are looking for a Server Developer to build our game backends. You’ll integrate with the game team to create great, server heavy games.
- Design, implement and test the backend functionality for our games
- Create, maintain and operate the game server’s cloud infrastructure
- Ensure our servers are efficient, secure and scale well
- Integrate other cloud services to the game servers
- Work as a team with other developers, designers and artists
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- 5+ years of relevant skills and experience
- Solid foundation in programming / software engineering
- Good knowledge and experience of cloud platforms and related technologies, preferably AWS
- Experience of using C# and .Net Core
- Experience of programming in C++
- Proficiency with Python, Bash or other languages is a strong plus
- Good understanding of relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL
- Experience with debugging, profiling and performance optimizations
- Excellent team-player mindset and good communication skills to collaborate effectively with different disciplines in the studio
- Having worked in the games industry is a plus