Senior VFX Artist16.06.2022 Art Permanent Open position Apply here
We are looking for a Senior VFX Artist to join our Battle Studio in Espoo (Helsinki Metropolitan Area), Finland. The studio is small, meaning you’ll be part of the decision making related to the games’ visuals as well as have chances to make big impacts. There are growth opportunities within the studio as well as other studios at Rovio, in Finland and other entities i.e. Sweden, Denmark, Canada. The team is working on prototypes, so for this particular position, we wish to have someone who will help us to find the perfect style and complexity of the VFX we have in our games.
As the name already says, Battle Studio is all about strategy and action, making the VFX a big part of the game's visual identity.
The whole studio is located in Helsinki Metropolitan Area, Finland, and works in a hybrid model, meaning to work flexibly with 1-3 days per week onsite.
- Take charge of VFX production and VFX visual direction, develop stunning VFX from concepts until in game implementation; working with Production and visual development teams defining pipelines and deliverables
- Deal with outsource partners when necessary, giving them direction and feedback
- We are looking for someone that can create the VFX’s Conceptual Art, and be able to bring it to reality and implement it on Unity
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Experience with Photoshop/3DsMax or Maya, Unity
- Creating stunning and highly performant visuals effects for the Strategy genre on Mobile using Unity engine
- Conceptualise, design, and create in game visual effectsHas the ability of creating concepts for the VFXs and also paint textures
- Support the Art lead and the team in the overall VFX vision for the game while taking ownership on environments, gameplay mechanics, and cinematic sequences as assigned
- Previous experience in game development and making game art
- Ability to direct and support outsourcing partner(s) when neededAbility to work independently with minimum supervision and open to feedback from leads and team members
- Proactive about providing art solutions and contributing to game design discussionsBusiness level spoken and written English proficiency and strong communication skills
- First meeting: You will meet the Art Leads. The aim is for us to know who you are, what your experience has been and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn about Rovio, the wider team and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will meet the Technical Artist for a technical interview.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the Game Lead, Producer, and Technical Director. The aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, your ways of working, your ambitions and where we can help each other develop.
When you send the application, please attach your portfolio or provide link(s) to it.
Rovio’s Battle Studio focuses on creating new casual strategy games. Our goal is to capture the essence of strategy games in an elegant and approachable format, and to make approachable games that have a wide appeal but a focused and deep end game.
We are currently working on several prototypes, and we are now looking for new teammates who enjoy the thrill of cracking the difficult problems in order to create something truly new. Creating innovative games is a big challenge, but our teams are up to the task.
Established in 2016, the Battle Studio has a flat hierarchy, a high level of transparency, and open communication. The teams within the studio are always trying to find ways to improve projects, tools, communication and themselves. We try to maintain the atmosphere friendly, respectful and super supportive.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.