(Senior) VFX Artist10.08.2021 Art Stockholm Permanent Open position Apply here
Rovio's Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon Angry Birds. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles with the Angry Birds brand as well as new original IPs. Our approach is to focus on highly accessible yet innovative cores paired with Rovio's light-hearted aesthetic. At the same time, we still aim to deliver a deep meta that can keep players engaged for decades. Our development is driven by our players as we push to become masters of our genre. We use data to provide insights into our players' needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
Our ambitious teams are full of passionate gamers who are eager to leave their mark.
We are on the lookout for a talented VFX Artist to join our multinational art team to work across multiple projects, amongst them the hugely successful Angry Birds 2. We’d love to have our team members bring their own creative vision to everything they do. If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in a fun and creative environment with skilled coworkers, contribute to captivating new products, and expose your work to a global audience.
As a VFX Artist you will be part of spearheading technical solutions and optimizations to find the balance between quality and efficiency. You will be in charge of developing a modular pipeline and workflow that we can make use of on all our upcoming and existing games, working closely with project art leads and Art Director.
- Come up with solutions, whilst maintain the visual target, to work within the technical limitations of the target platforms
- Develop and maintain a VFX workflow and documentation that can be shared across multiple game projects
- Assist in research and development
- Troubleshoot and solve VFX related issues
- Proficiently communicate the status of tasks and progress to stakeholders
- Mentor junior VFX artists
Who we think will do great in this role has
- A portfolio showcasing high-quality and stylized effects
- Strong proven knowledge of VFX development in Unity or similar engines
- Expert in creating mesh-based effects, particle systems, and effect textures
- Ability to break down and create mobile-optimized effects from references and concepts
- Proficient in implementation and technical problem solving
- Excellent skills in multitasking, organizing, communication, and team collaboration
- Development mindset in defining, managing, and refining processes in VFX
- Open to feedback and enjoy working in a fast-paced, constantly iterating environment
We’d love if you have some of these
- Over 3 years hands-on experience in VFX development on a professional level
- Staying current with real-time VFX technologies
- VFX creation in After Effects
- Proficiency in industry-standard content creation software, including Maya, Blender, Houdini, Substance, or Photoshop.
- Experience in developing effects mainly for Unity
- Experience in multiple published games, including mobile titles
- Interest in mentoring and guiding junior VFX artists
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager and our senior technical artist. Before diving deeper into your competencies, we would like to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will perform a short test so we can understand how you tackle a basic VFX art assignment.
- Final meetings: You will meet other members from our wider team. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.