Senior UX Designer14.10.2020 Design Helsinki Metropolitan Area Permanent Contract Open position Apply here
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, and the narrative-driven Small Town Murders, as well as providing players with exciting new content and events in fan-favorite games such as Angry Birds Friends. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We are looking out for talented UX Designers to join us in providing players with the best possible gaming experience. Working inside a player-focus company, you will collaborate with our significant User Research department, getting the most of understanding our players across the whole game production process.
- Be responsible for the UX design on key projects.
- Work together with the user research team, designers and game leads to understand player research and validate UX designs.
- Establish with the Product Lead and Lead Game Designer the key design drivers and player goals for the game. Communicate UX design drivers, goals and KPIs for games on a studio level.
- Work hands-on and collaboratively with designers, developers and artists to implement UX solutions and user interfaces into the game.
- Test and benchmark competitor products to draw learnings and insights from them.
- Follow current trends and how the market and industry are developing.
- Share learnings and review designs with other designers.
Who we think will do great in this role has
- Proven UXD skills and have been the main contributor of UX design on multiple internally developed games titles in production, soft launch and global launch.
- High proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Solid experience using Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/Experience Design and other relevant design tools.
- Good communication skills in giving, seeking and receiving feedback and can constructively review and critique the design made by others.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to visualize and clearly communicate decisions to team members through UX design deliverables.
- Ability to create and adjust designs based on findings from quantitative data (“big data”) and qualitative data (user tests, peer reviews, surveys).
- Understanding socio-cultural and contextual aspects.
We’d love if you have some of these
- Advanced knowledge of UI/UX design through degree or equivalent in human computer interaction (HCI), psychology, interaction design, or product design related subject.
- Understanding of hardware limitations and possibilities.
- Ability to craft visually appealing, consistent and functional UI art assets to a high quality that align with art direction.
- Understanding of localization/ internationalization requirements.
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will complete an exercise to complete in your own time. We’d like to get a better understanding of your skill and will use the test to have further discussion with our UX designers.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a wider understanding on how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.