Senior UX Designer12.02.2024 Design Permanent Open position Apply here
At Rovio you will get to work with multiple groundbreaking IP’s including one of the most famous game IP’s in the world: Angry Birds! We craft joy with player-focused gaming experiences that last for decades. In order to do that, we know that people need to bring their own joy to what we do. That’s why we value work-life balance, say no to crunch culture, and welcome people from all walks of life to join the flock. Today, we are a proud team of 500+ caring and talented professionals representing over 50 different nations.
We trust our teams to work autonomously by providing them the right tools and level of responsibility. We believe in our teams to remain creative and to keep learning – as well as ensuring everyone has opportunities for personal growth.
The Games Technology team encompasses a whole host of data and analytics expertise areas, including (but not limited to) machine learning, build and submission tools, and cloud infrastructure. Powered by Beacon, Rovio's in-house cloud services platform, the team supports tens of millions of players, capturing 4 billion events and over 1TB of data per day. All of this work results in services and tools that enable successful live operations and continuous optimization in Rovio’s games.
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer to join in building Red’s Club. In this role you will get the opportunity to work on a product across different devices and platforms. The next few years are going to be exciting with new avenues opening up to not only monetize but also interact with Angry Birds players in new ways.
In this role you will be responsible for defining the overall design direction of Red’s Club, as well as the details. You will work together with game teams, user researchers and developers, backed by Beacon UX colleagues, to create smooth and fun experiences.
You will have impact and fun at work by:
- Defining the user experience vision and interaction details for Red’s Club
- Creating wireframes, user flows, site maps and prototypes to communicate your ideas, and testing them to identify gaps in the end-to-end user experience
- Designing services to support Red’s Club, including tools for managing in-app purchases and live operations
- Working with game teams, external partners and the Beacon team to deliver an experience that lives up to your designs
- Developing and maintaining a lightweight design system to make operations more efficient
Experience and skills we are looking for:
- Solid skills in user experience and interaction design for the responsive web
- Eager to work in a complex domain and design experiences that connect the dots between touchpoints and channels
- Familiarity with user research and testing, as well as business metrics, so that you can support the product team from discovery to delivery
- Experience designing consumer e-commerce services, cross-platform services or free-to-play games
- Comfortable presenting your work and ideas in English, supporting your arguments with data
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.
At Rovio, we are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our working environment and job application procedures. We make all reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or who otherwise need support to thrive in the workplace. We are committed to continuously improving workplace accessibility. If you have any questions before applying, please write to us at email@example.com.