Senior UI/UX Artist09.03.2022 Art Permanent Open position Apply here
We are currently looking for a talented Senior UI/UX Artist to join us at Rovio Stockholm Studio, to create beautiful, functional and intuitive mobile user interfaces that fill our players with delight. You will join a brand new big game from the Angry Birds universe with the possibilities to rotate between teams in the long run.
You will work closely with a diverse multidisciplinary team composed of game designers, game artists and game developers, working with a flat hierarchy and a hybrid model, depending on the team preferences and needs. The position is based in Stockholm, and it is flexible to choose to work partially at the office or at home. We keep the game team small and agile, allowing everyone to have ownership of their work and be part of meaningful decisions in the project. As part of this, you should be ready to tackle many different kinds of tasks, ranging from creative challenges to implementation tricks. Since the UI team is small in our studio, there’s room for leaving a mark on the craft and contributing to bring it to the next level.
- Design and implement UI game screens and assets from concept to final asset.
- Design intuitive UX flows and wireframes according to the project’s needs.
- Communicate and coordinate with other team members to find the best solutions from a cross-functional perspective.
- Work proactively to complete the needs of the project.
- Be actively involved in both providing and seeking feedback to/from your colleagues.
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Professional UI/UX experience in the game industry and mobile games with interest in video games.
- Experience implementing art/UI elements from scratch in game engines, preferably Unity 3D, understanding the best practices, optimization and restrictions.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and other visual design and wireframing tools.
- An excellent understanding of the principles of visual and interaction design and experience with user-centered design approaches and methods.
- Ability to take full ownership of their work in the game from end to end and to make continuous improvement to the game’s quality.
- Ability to provide feedback to peers and other crafts in the team and receive feedback in order to develop their own skills and elevate others.
- Ability to collaborate with team members in different disciplines effectively and to communicate reasonings behind decisions and together reach the best user-oriented solutions.
- Good understanding of a game’s needs and priorities from a holistic view and good problem solving skills.
- Good proficiency in English.
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Experience in animating UI in Unity.
- Great 2D illustration and concepting skills.
- Strong interest in data-driven approaches to optimize art for games business performance.
- Eager to learn and apply new skills in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. The aim is for us to know who you are, what your experience has been and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn about Rovio, the wider team and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will do an exercise to complete in your own time. This will help us understand your skills better and hope you enjoy it too.
- Third round: You will meet other Senior UI/UX Artists with the focus of diving deeper into the test and your thinking and reasonings behind the decisions.
- Final round: You will meet other team members of the game team. The purpose is to see how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help each other develop.
We hope to receive your application together with a link to your portfolio soon!
Rovio's Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon Angry Birds. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles with the Angry Birds brand as well as new original IPs. Our approach is to focus on highly accessible yet innovative cores paired with Rovio's light-hearted aesthetic. At the same time, we still aim to deliver a deep meta that can keep players engaged for decades. Our development is driven by our players as we push to become masters of our genre. We use data to provide insights into our players' needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
Our ambitious teams are full of passionate gamers who are eager to leave their mark.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.