Senior UI Artist08.07.2020 Art Helsinki Metropolitan Area Permanent Contract Open position Apply here
Rovio’s Battle Studio is all about making games that don’t shy away from mixing RPG and action elements with strategy. As such, the team is working on creating the most approachable 4X game on the market, which is currently in soft launch, while also busily prototyping other types of strategy games behind the scenes. Set up in 2016, the 50-person strong studio has a flat hierarchy, a high level of transparency and open communication. The team is always trying to find ways to improve its projects, tools, communication, and themselves, while keeping the atmosphere friendly, inclusive, respectful and super supportive. With flexible hours, the team are respectful of each other’s time, as well as collectively learning from both mistakes and successes as they grow in numbers and experience. In a nutshell, the team’s mission is to increase the accessibility of the strategy genre by making such games more appealing to a broader audience.
Are you a UI Artist passionate about making commercially successful games and creating good looking, user-friendly, and consistent mobile user interfaces that delight our players? Awesome, we at Rovio’s Battle Studio are looking for a talented individual, working together with us to make great midcore titles.
- Visualize and design game User Interfaces, including but not limited to HUD, menus, pop-ups, in-app store pages, and loading screens.
- Make functional and aesthetically pleasing icons that fit the style of the amazing lineup of midcore game titles we are working on.
- Propose options of different UI looks, offering a broad palette of windows and button styles, color schemes, moods, when exploring UI choices for your project.
- Work on full UI production pipeline, starting from conceptualization to art and implementation, including animations of graphical elements.
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- At least 3 years of experience in making UI for free-to-play mobile games.
- Successfully shipped at least one free-to-play mobile game.
- An artistic background with the capability of making final UI assets and implementing them.
- A keen eye for interaction design and an understanding of how to make games feel great to play.
- Experience in using Unity3D, Unreal Engine, or equivalent game engine tool.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop.
- Great communication skills in English to effortlessly speak the language of artists, game designers, and developers.
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Prior practical experience in Unity3D, in particular with UI implementation.
- Solid understanding of best usability practices.
- Experience in testing games with actual players and managing feedback.
- Experience with animated UI elements and Motion Graphics.
- Experience and passion for midcore games.
- Passionate and aware of newest industry trends and pop culture.