(Senior) Technical Artist11.06.2021 Art Helsinki Metropolitan Area Permanent Open position Apply here
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, and the narrative-driven Small Town Murders, as well as providing players with exciting new content and events in fan-favorite games such as Angry Birds Friends. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We are now looking for an experienced Technical Artist to join us in the Supernatural City game project. Supernatural City is one of our latest narrative based puzzle games, currently in soft launch on selected markets.
We put a lot of emphasis on the visual storytelling of the game, and that’s what you would be focusing on as well. A big portion of your work would revolve around working on the narrative content in Unity, implementing stories, coming up with special effects and working with the rest of the team on making these moments really memorable.
- Provide technical solutions to aesthetic problems
- Implemente narrative content
- Create shaders and visual effects
- Advocate for technically sound art pipelines and best practices
- Create and modify shaders to match the aspired visual style
- Work as a bridge between the artists and programmers
- Write editor extensions, tools and scripts to help artist make assets or integrate those to the game
- Mentor, coach more junior artists’ in your team and studio
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- A great looking portfolio that demonstrates the skills needed for this position
- Ability to analyse visual target shots and help make them reality in Unity
- Good understanding of modern art pipelines 2D & 3D
- Experience writing shaders in HLSL, CgFX or other shading languages
- Knowledge of scripting/coding using languages such as C++ and C#
- Strong knowledge of particle systems and dynamic simulations
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a larger team
- Prior experience working in game teams
- Ability to learn and willingness to learn new things
We’d love if you have some of these:
- 3+ years in gaming industry or equivalent with some of that experience in a technical role in a Unity project (Technical Artist, Shader Programmer, Lighter, Effect Artist)
- At least basic knowledge of 3D modelling/rendering and texturing
- Other art skills are a plus
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.