(Senior) Technical Artist15.06.2022 Art Permanent Open position Apply here
We are now looking for an experienced Technical Artist to join us in Angry Birds Friends, one of our longest lasting and ever growing slingshot games. The game has gone through many phases over the decade of its existence, and now we are in a phase where we want to put emphasis on improving the player experience and make the core of the game even better and more enjoyable to our loyal fans. The game team and this position are in Puzzle studio, based in Helsinki Metropolitan Area, Finland. The team is working in a hybrid model, meaning they work flexibly with 1-3 days per week onsite.
- Provide technical solutions to aesthetic problems
- Improve the player experience by providing a smoother and snappier gameplay to our users
- Create shaders and visual effects
- Advocate for technically sound art pipelines and best practices
- Create and modify shaders to match the aspired visual style
- Work as a bridge between the artists and programmers
- Write editor extensions, tools and scripts to help artist make assets or integrate those to the game
- Mentor more junior Artists’ in your team and studio
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- A great looking portfolio that demonstrates the skills needed for this position
- Ability to analyse visual target shots and help make them reality in Unity
- Experience writing shaders
- Strong knowledge of particle systems
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a larger team
- Prior experience working in game teams
- Ability to learn and willingness to learn new things
- Experience writing shaders in HLSL, CgFX or other shading languages
- Knowledge of scripting/coding using languages such as C++ and C# or Python
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role. An exercise will follow if needed, in order for us to understand better your skills.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.
Please include a link or an attachment of your portfolio into your application. We're looking forward to it!
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, several match 3 games such as Angry Birds Match and Small Town Murders as well as slingshot games like Angry Birds Friends and a great newcomer Angry Birds Journey. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.