Senior Product Marketing Manager21.10.2021 Product Marketing Permanent Open position Apply here
Rovio Toronto is a budding new studio; we are an ambitious, games-loving bunch who aim to make creative casual F2P games that make their mark and reach millions of players. Our goal is to grow and find excellence through ongoing iteration driven by data and player feedback - and make fan-favourite games along the way.
We are committed to living the Rovio values of team empowerment and work-life balance in a collaborative, transparent and bubbly environment. As a new studio, we have a unique opportunity to leverage our experience to be bold and build an amazing place to create memorable & impactful games.
We are looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to join our Toronto team and help us make the next generation of casual F2P games. As PMM, your first mission is to help identify untapped market opportunities, and work alongside Product stakeholders to ensure that the game design is catering to the needs previously identified and has the potential to support a strong marketing strategy later in the development process. You are responsible for elaborating and executing this marketing strategy aimed at maximizing your game’s reach, conversion, and appeal to players at each stage of its life-cycle. This involves working closely with all parts of the organization: Product, UA, User Research & Market Insights, Community, Marketing Creative, Finance and Legal.
- Your main responsibilities as a Senior Product Marketing Manager:
- Identify and size market opportunities to ensure that the game will have the largest possible addressable market at the time of its launch
- Profile the target audience - their needs, motivations and characteristics - to help Product design and develop a game that caters to them
- Identify and develop growth levers - ensuring that the Product has what it takes to be scaled up through a variety of Marketing tactics and UA once live. Assess and optimise marketability through bold and rigorous testing.
- Develop and own the product positioning and “packaging”: title, logo, key marketing visual and overall brand identity
- Define the Marketing strategy and ensure its execution at all stages of the game lifecycle. Develop innovative new approaches and foster a culture of experimentation
- Ensure a smooth and efficient communication between the Product team and all Marketing stakeholders.
- Report on main marketing KPIs
- Maximise the product performance all throughout the funnel:
- Top: UA creatives, influencer marketing, PR, etc..
- Mid: ASO, Community, Partnerships, etc..
- Low: FTUE, Events, features
Product Development: In close collaboration with Product stakeholders, User Experience Research and Market Insight:
Product Activation: Working alongside Marketing experts - UA, Community, PR, etc.
Product Performance: Working alongside Marketing experts - UA, Community, PR, etc.
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Experience working within a game team and good understanding of game development
- Wide understanding of marketing and community strategies and channels with a focus on untracked channels - though basic knowledge of performance marketing is also needed
- Innovative and strategic thinking with a growth mindset
- Ability to influence Product vision through a holistic approach to customer & market insights
- Balance of data-driven analytical skills and creative vision
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Seasoned marketing experience, with preference for mobile apps - ideally, games - and specific experience with Facebook, Google, mobile ad networks and mobile ad exchange
- First meeting: You will meet Sr PMMs at Rovio. We want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will meet with the Studio Head and Game Lead.
- Final round: You will meet with the Product Marketing Director.