Senior Product Manager (New game)11.10.2021 Product Management Stockholm Permanent Open position Apply here
Rovio's Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon Angry Birds. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles with the Angry Birds brand as well as new original IPs. Our approach is to focus on highly accessible yet innovative cores paired with Rovio's light-hearted aesthetic. At the same time, we still aim to deliver a deep meta that can keep players engaged for decades. Our development is driven by our players as we push to become masters of our genre. We use data to provide insights into our players' needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
Our ambitious teams are full of passionate gamers who are eager to leave their mark.
Defining player journey on the next flagship game from Rovio: isn’t it exciting?
Our team at Stockholm studio is thrilled to work on this new game and we need a Senior Product Manager with a proven track record of success in mobile F2P games and strong analytical skills and passion for understanding our players to join this small team located in Stockholm, Sweden. The team plans to work in a hybrid model with flexibility of working at the office for 1-3 days per week and the rest remotely in Sweden.
You will be working closely with the creative team in the early stage of the product to ensure that the foundation for the monetisation strategy for the game is aligned with the design strategy. Once the game is live, you will be working closely with analysts and game designers throughout the organization in order to analyze and communicate conclusions from live data, create new opportunities for enhancing the game economies and optimize the use of existing ones. You will be facilitating the knowledge sharing within our Games unit and support the Game Leads, Product Managers and game development teams in the company.
- Work very closely with the Game Lead, Designers and BI to support them in setting the vision and priorities for the game
- Build a comprehensive, detailed live operations strategy and roadmap that aligns with the overarching product vision
- Design, manage and constantly optimize the games’ economies combining analytical and creative inputs
- Lead all aspects of the implementation of limited-time events, for example concept, asset management, asset development, configuration, testing, and execution
- Analyze important metrics and player feedback on a real-time basis to understand player trends and behavior
- Exhibit sound product judgment, formulate product strategy and present clear measurable objectives that will lead to achieving our business goals
- Collaborate with Acquisition, UR, Marketing, and Partnership teams to support business goals
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- 3-5 years of experience in product management, system design, live operations, or analytics
- Proven track record of developing or improving features for a live, free-to-play mobile game
- Strong analytic skills and experience with metrics-driven decision making
- Experience with managing dynamic applications and multivariate testing
- Ability to tell a story with data, after receiving it in raw forms
- Ability to guide designs to make the best product possible
- Passion for games and an exhaustive knowledge of noteworthy industry trends
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will do an exercise to complete in your own time and be able to discuss your thoughts in depth.
- Third round: Meeting people in the Product Management discipline.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s) of the game team. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.