Senior Level Designer10.09.2020 Design Helsinki Metropolitan Area Permanent Contract Open position Apply here
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, and the narrative-driven Small Town Murders, as well as providing players with exciting new content and events in fan-favorite games such as Angry Birds Friends. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We are now looking for an experienced Level Designer for Rovio’s Puzzle Studio. Depending on your skillset and experience this may be a Staff or Senior role.
How do you succeed as a Level Designer in the Puzzle Studio? We believe strongly that content is king, and our level designers are a crucial piece of that puzzle. As a level designer you are responsible for crafting the definitive player touchpoint for our games. You will own the entirety of content design including delivering top-notch levels, concepting new gameplay elements and shaping level difficulty and progression all the while using data analysis to tune and perfect your work.
- Design and deliver level content in all its forms across the entire product lifecycle for social puzzle games.
- Use data and player feedback to continuously hone and maintain existing level content.
- Take full ownership your work, and have responsibility for all design details along the way.
- Work closely with other team members by collaborating on multiple aspects of the development process to ensure the game’s success.
Who we think would do great in this role has:
- At least 4 years of experience designing game-changing puzzle experiences in such sub genres as match 3, bubble shooter, etc
- A demonstrated track record of bringing impactful data driven changes to live products
- Passion inside you about creating the best content & player experiences the game industry has ever seen
- Passion about reviewing games from player experience perspective and give constructive feedback to game teams to help to refine the best possible content experience
- Strong level design skills as well as theoretical or practical knowledge of level design and core gameplay
- Solved problems analytically, and used data to validate your intuition
- Ability drive level design through each applicable stage of production: concept, wireframe, prototype, implementation, and refinement through to final sign-off
- Ability to incredibly focus on top-quality and efficient content production
- Experience in F2P games both as a designer and a player, following closely what is happening in the market, and being able to distill the best ideas to your own work
- Specialty in mechanics, rules, probabilities and aesthetics in level design
- Creative vision and passion into everything you do