Senior Level Designer19.08.2021 Design Stockholm Permanent Open position Apply here
Rovio's Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon Angry Birds. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles with the Angry Birds brand as well as new original IPs. Our approach is to focus on highly accessible yet innovative cores paired with Rovio's light-hearted aesthetic. At the same time, we still aim to deliver a deep meta that can keep players engaged for decades. Our development is driven by our players as we push to become masters of our genre. We use data to provide insights into our players' needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
Our ambitious teams are full of passionate gamers who are eager to leave their mark.
We are looking for an experienced Level Designer for Rovio’s Stockholm Studio. How do you succeed as a Level Designer in our studio? We believe that understanding the player is key to success; to find and create gameplay that feels amazing. As a Level Designer, you are responsible for crafting the definitive player touchpoint for our games. You will own the entirety of content design including delivering top-notch levels, concepting new gameplay elements and shaping level difficulty and progression all the while using data analysis to tune and perfect your work. We want people with a strong drive that can motivate the team and lead a vision for our upcoming games and features.
- Design and deliver level content in all its forms across the entire product lifecycle for our games.
- Carry content design from idea to implementation, and help lead your co-workers on the way.
- Carry the level design vision through all stages of the game’s lifecycle, while keeping all team members aligned.
- Use data and player feedback to continuously hone and maintain existing level content.
- Take full ownership of your work, and have responsibility for all design details along the way.
- Work closely with other team members by collaborating on multiple aspects of the development process to ensure the game’s success.
- Be a source of knowledge for the Level Design craft, helping other design members through feedback and mentorship.
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Several years of experience designing game-changing core experiences in such sub genres as puzzle, physics based or arcade games.
- Strong level design skills as well as theoretical or practical knowledge of level design and core gameplay.
- A strong specialty in mechanics, rules, probabilities and aesthetics in level design.
- Ability to drive level design through each applicable stage of production: concept, wireframe, prototype, implementation, and refinement through to final sign-off.
- Passion to create the best content & player experiences the game industry has ever seen.
- Experience in F2P games both as a designer and a player, following closely what is happening in the market, and being able to distill the best ideas to your own work.
- Passion about reviewing games from a player experience perspective and giving constructive feedback to game teams to help to refine the best possible content experience.
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Experience with Unity 3D editor.
- Experience with design for physics games.
- Agile working experience.
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will do an exercise to complete in your own time.
- Interview stage: You will have an interview with two of our lead designers and talk game design and your thinking behind your design choices.
- Team Chat: Informal meet and greet with the game team and other disciplines, remote or in person as available.
- Final round: Concluding interview with game leads including the project you will be joining.