Senior Gameplay Designer12.12.2022 Design Permanent Open position Apply here
As a Senior Gameplay Designer at Rovio Stockholm you will master physics gameplay and level design, work together with the team of professionals to deliver new levels and mechanics to the fan base. You will evolve established mechanics and level design to make live games feel fresh and contribute to free to play and meta and live ops development.
- Be part of the level team that works together to bring engaging and challenging levels to our players through core game logic, level mechanics, player feedback, level design philosophies and player journey in the levels and through the level funnel
- Work with other stakeholder on roadmaps for level content and core and meta features to meet growth targets
- Advise LiveOps Team on A/B test related to level content and core/meta to enable further growth
- Guide other designers to craft a cohesive experience for players
- Mentor/coach designers working on features related to the core
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- About 5+ years of commercial experience and proven success working on mobile F2P games
- Owner of at least one area of a game.
- Some experience working as a Lead Designer is a plus
- Experience designing and executing on-level philosophies and processes
- Experience working closely with BI to understand the data and create a plan to improve KPI’sA collaborative approach to empower and inspire those around you, at the same time strong team player
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Critical thinker who is creative, adaptive and a strong problem solver
- Proficient with Unity, version control system, familiar with Agile process.
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. The aim is for us to know who you are, what your experience has been, and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn about Rovio, the wider team, and the specifics of the role.
- Test: You will do an exercise to complete in your own time.
- Second round: Review your test with Craft Members
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions, and where we can help each other develop.
Rovio's Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon Angry Birds. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles with the Angry Birds brand as well as new original IPs. Our approach is to focus on highly accessible yet innovative cores paired with Rovio's light-hearted aesthetic. At the same time, we still aim to deliver a deep meta that can keep players engaged for decades. Our development is driven by our players as we push to become masters of our genre. We use data to provide insights into our players' needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
Our ambitious teams are full of passionate gamers who are eager to leave their mark.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.