Senior Game Developer11.09.2020 Technology Helsinki Metropolitan Area Permanent Open position Apply here
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, and the narrative-driven Small Town Murders, as well as providing players with exciting new content and events in fan-favorite games such as Angry Birds Friends. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Game Developer to join our successful Puzzle Studio in Espoo, Finland.
Our vision is to build puzzle games that are easy and fun to play but also provide deep meta-game with social elements that keeps them fresh and interesting to play for years.
Join us to develop new groundbreaking F2P hits and keep improving our already world class puzzle games!
- Coordinate the work of other developers in a social puzzle game
- Implement game features with other developers in the team
- Provide mentorship and support for less experienced developers
- Work with server developers for seamless backend integration
- Optimize the games to run smoothly on mobile platforms
- Participate in prototyping new game features
Who we think will do great in this role:
- Minimum 8 years of commercial game programming experience with 2+ years in a programming team lead role
- Minimum 3 years of game development experience with Unity
- Strong programming skills with C#
- Experience with debugging, profiling and performance optimizations
- Broad knowledge of game architecture and technologies
- Good understanding of mobile platforms and hardware
- Experience with F2P games both as a developer and a player
- Analytical problem solving skills