Senior Game Designer18.08.2021 Design Stockholm Permanent Open position Apply here
Rovio's Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon Angry Birds. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles with the Angry Birds brand as well as new original IPs. Our approach is to focus on highly accessible yet innovative cores paired with Rovio's light-hearted aesthetic. At the same time, we still aim to deliver a deep meta that can keep players engaged for decades. Our development is driven by our players as we push to become masters of our genre. We use data to provide insights into our players' needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
Our ambitious teams are full of passionate gamers who are eager to leave their mark.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Game Designer to join our successful Stockholm Studio home of Angry Birds 2.
Our vision is to reinvent the casual category with games where time-to-fun is our North Star Metric, while deep, immersive meta-game and social gameplay turn them into hobbies lasting for years. You are able to create game concepts that combine the approachability of casual games with depth and social dynamics of mid-core games. You are fluent in a number of casual and mid-core social-game systems and mechanics and from insights into our audience you are able to craft deep emotional experiences in games so that players think about them even when they are not playing. You share our passion to take casual social gaming to the next level by providing deeper gameplay experiences, and for that you want to understand human psychology and social dynamics to really tick players' intrinsic social motivations and needs.
- Create and oversee designs for cutting edge casual games
- Create and lead the execution of game concepts that achieve both creative and commercial success in mobile F2P
- Share knowledge with the team and mentor designers
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Several years of commercial experience and proven success working on mobile F2P games, preferably both from operating a live game as well as developing a game from scratch
- Experience in creating strong game concepts and leading their execution
- Strong social game design skills, understanding the dynamics of competition and collaboration.
- Experience in creating and managing highly balanced game systems and economies
- Skills and passion to lead game vision, willingness to have an open mind and adapt and iterate designs, but also steer and make decisions when needed
- A genuine interest in F2P and mobile games, as well as the wider world of gaming
- Strong interest and belief in data-driven approach to support & validate intuition
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Multiplayer experience
- Live game / events experience
- Unity or C# skills
- First meeting: before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are, what your experience has been to date and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio.
- Second meeting: Technical interview along with a discussion with Stockholm design team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions, what you can contribute, and where we can help you develop.
- A test will be provided.
- Final meetings: to discuss the test and opportunity for you to meet the game team members.