(Senior) Game Artist01.04.2021 Art Helsinki Metropolitan Area Permanent Open position Apply here
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, and the narrative-driven Small Town Murders, as well as providing players with exciting new content and events in fan-favorite games such as Angry Birds Friends. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Game Art Generalist to join the Angry Birds Journey game team. The game you would be working on has high ambitions for visual quality and visual storytelling, and we hope you to be equally ambitious about those.
The tasks you would be working on can ultimately vary depending on your skills and preferences, but our current idea of an ideal candidate would be a versatile game artist that can work both with 2D and 3D asset pipelines. We expect you to have a good understanding of best practices of Unity game projects. Having experience working with VFX, Spine Animations or UI’s is seen as a big plus.
- Creating assets for new game mechanics and polishing existing core game elements
- Creating characters, their effects and animations
- Creating illustrations, concepts and final game assets
- Importing your assets to game engine and working with programmers and tech artists on making sure they work as intended
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Has a great looking portfolio that demonstrates the skills needed for this position as well as sense of visual style
- Strong understanding for colors, shape language and layouts
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a larger team
- Has prior experience working in game teams
- Ability to learn and willingness to learn new things
We’d love if you have some of these:
- At least basic knowledge of 3D modelling/rendering and texturing
- Basic understanding of Unity
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.