(Senior) Game Artist22.07.2020 Art Helsinki Metropolitan Area Permanent Contract Open position Apply here
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, and the narrative-driven Small Town Murders, as well as providing players with exciting new content and events in fan-favorite games such as Angry Birds Friends. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We are looking for an experienced Game Artist to join us on one of our live games with a new and exciting IP that we are still eagerly developing and refining. In this team you’ll get to work on a wide variety of tasks from concepts to final assets, and breathe life into them with animation and motion design. While this game is technically a 2D game, all of its pipelines include 3D modelling in one way or form so we expect you to have great skills on both 3D and 2D.
As we aim to keep our teams fairly small, the wider your skill set is, the better. Ability to demonstrate VFX, animation, and user interface design skills on top of your 2D and 3D skills is a huge plus.
- Model, render and animate new core game elements
- Pose characters, and model 3D environments and props for key illustrations of the game
- Create UI layouts in Unity, following the existing UI style
- Animate asset using Spine
- Lead and provide necessary feedback to the outsourcing partners to ensure that the art style and asset production quality are well-aligned with us
- Mentor and coach junior Artists in your team
- Advocate for creative values within the project team
Who we think would do great in this role has:
- 5+ years in the gaming industry or equivalent
- Expertise with Photoshop and/or Illustrator, including a well-developed sense of color and composition
- Expertise in at least one 3D modelling package
- Strong conceptualization ability, visual communication ability, and drawing skills
- Ability to create both inspiring concepts as well as final game assets
- Prior experience working on Unity game projects
- Prior experience working on casual puzzle games
- Enjoy working with a team which keeps pushing its boundaries in a highly competitive industry
- Great interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate with other team members, managers and producers to understand the high-level requirements and meet those objectives with the optimal user-centred solution
- Fluent in English, and strong verbal and written communication skills