Senior Fullstack Java Developer (Games Technology)20.09.2022 Technology Permanent Open position Apply here
The Games Technology team encompasses a whole host of data and analytics expertise areas, including (but not limited to) machine learning, build and submission tools, and cloud infrastructure. Powered by Beacon, Rovio's in-house cloud services platform, the team supports tens of millions of players, capturing 4 billion events and over 1TB of data per day. All of this work results in services and tools that enable successful live operations and continuous optimization in Rovio’s games.
As a Full-Stack Java Developer, your work will include developing Rovio’s Beacon platform and other tools for our game teams. Beacon offers world-class services and expertise enabling our studios to get great games to market, profitably grow the audience, engage and retain players, and maximise monetisation. As a part of Central Tech teams you will serve tens of millions of Angry Birds players from all corners of the globe and work on a large scale.
You will join a team of over 70 people dedicated to Beacon services and will work closely with our game teams to find great answers to challenges we face building and operating our games. You will work on projects with other members of our team of developers (client, front-end, server, data, cloud, QA), product managers, and designers to implement versatile solutions.
What your days will look like:
- To architect, implement and maintain cloud services and capabilities for Rovio’s games and studios
- To lead small development projects, coaching other developers working on the project
- To fix your fair share of bugs
- To spend most of your time (about 80%) building and maintaining our back end services
Who we think will do great in this role:
- You have several years of experience working with modern Java
- You have wide understanding of both software and platform architectures and components used to build them
- You know how to build scalable RESTful microservices
- You like e2e ownership and have passion to work in all parts of the software development lifecycle from planning to testing, documentation and deployment
- You are a team player and you are willing to take on big challenges
You might also know:
- Web development in modern Typescript, HTML, CSS, Angular as you will spend some of your time working on the Frontend as well.
- Hands on experience in cloud technologies and orchestration
What you get when you join us
- You will join a collaborative, supportive and ambitious team where you will have a chance to grow following a clear career progression plan
- You will get to work in a truly international environment with more than 15 nationalities in the Technology team
- Relocation assistance if you are from abroad
- Flexible work hours and a hybrid set up where you can accommodate your needs and location in Finland
- No crunch; standard work day is 7.5 hours
- Competitive benefits, such as choice of current gen smartphone and home internet service paid, choice of laptop, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna
First round: a quick conversation with our TA Partner followed but a more technical deep dive with one of our senior engineers.
Test assignment: a take home task, where we will ask you to write some code, that we later review and would invite you to present and discuss your solution with the team.
Final round: a discussion with your future supervisor around what is important for you, your motivation and Rovio values.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.