(Senior) Full-Stack Developer (Games Technology)16.07.2020 Technology Helsinki or Stockholm Metropolitan Area Permanent Contract Open position Apply here
Games Technology works with data and analytics, machine learning, build and submission tools, cloud infrastructure for service and game servers, and their in-house gaming cloud services platform, Beacon, to bring Rovio’s games to life every day. With a multi-national team of talented professionals, Games Technology supports tens of millions of players, hosts some of the most cutting edge cloud services out there, serves thousands of requests per second from all corners of the globe, captures 4 Billion analytic events per day and over 1TB of data per day, and runs approximately 1300 instances on Amazon AWS. All of these services and tools enable successful live operations in Rovio’s games, allowing game teams to optimize player engagement and monetization.
We are now looking for a Full-Stack Developer to join our Games Technology team based in either Helsinki Metropolitan Area, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden. If you say yes to challenge, want your work to reach 10’s of millions of gamers around the globe, and feel inspired by being part of developing innovative services for free-to-play games, you could be the one we're looking for.
As a Full-Stack Developer, your work will include developing Rovio’s Beacon services and other tools for our game teams. Rovio's Beacon cloud services are used by all of all our games providing user identity, analytics, advertising, segmentation, live ops, payments and third party services. We also provide game server infrastructure templates and microservices, and are working to introduce AI to our game development.
You will work closely with our game teams to find great answers to challenges we face building and operating our games. You will work on projects with other members of our team of developers (client, front-end, server, data, cloud, QA), product managers, and designers to implement versatile solutions.
Your responsibilities as a Full-Stack Developer:
- To architect, implement and maintain cloud services and capabilities for Rovio’s games and studios
- To lead small development projects, coaching other developers working on the project
- To fix your fair share of bugs
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- 3+ years of experience with recent Java development for cloud services and working with NoSQL and SQL database
- Experience developing RESTful services
- Experience in cloud technologies and orchestration (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Wide understanding of both software and platform architectures and components used to build them
- Practical experience working in Agile software development teams using Scrum or Kanban
- Passion to work in all parts of the software development lifecycle from planning to testing, documentation and deployment
- Team player mind-set with good communication skills especially in English and have a can-do attitude
We'd love if you have some of these:
- Linux shell scripting
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience with test frameworks and continuous integration systems
- Interest in emerging solutions and technologies, for example, the use of machine learning in gaming
- First meeting: before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio.
- Second rounds: Technical interview along with a discussion with the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop. We also try to give you a chance to meet the wider team.
What you get when you join our Games Technology team:
- Our team is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- Work in a truly international environment with more than 15 nationalities in the Technology team