Senior Environment Artist11.09.2020 Art Helsinki Metropolitan Area Permanent Contract Open position Apply here
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, and the narrative-driven Small Town Murders, as well as providing players with exciting new content and events in fan-favorite games such as Angry Birds Friends. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Environment Artist to join us on our quest to create new industry-leading IPs and expand the Angry Birds franchise into new and surprising directions. On this quest, you will be joined by our talented, award-winning teams from Puzzle Studio.
You will focus on creating amazing environment arts, from concepts to asset production, till the final implementation. Your 3D understanding/skill will be the key to bridge great concepts and the well-made final art. Depending on your skillset and personal preferences, in an agile team like ours, you will also have the opportunity to work on character design, UI and even VFXs, depending on different development phases and priorities of the project.
Our ideal candidate is a senior game artist who has a wide variety of supporting skills, as well as a good understanding of game design and games as a business.
- Create art assets, from concept to final implementation in Unity
- Support Art Lead on providing art feedback to junior Artists, creating visual design guidelines, and taking ownership of one aspect of games art production
- Lead and provide necessary feedback to the outsourcing partners to ensure that the art style and asset production quality are well-aligned with us
- Mentor and coach junior Artists in your team
- Advocate for creative values within the project team
Who we think would do great in this role has:
- 6+ years in the gaming industry or equivalent
- Good understanding of modern art production pipelines 2D & 3D
- Successfully shipped more than one game and have an impressive portfolio
- Good visual storytelling and excellent communication skills to set up the right mood for motivating players to dig more into the game
- Prior experience working on Unity game projects
- Outstanding 3D skill will be a plus for this role
- Always be ready to face the artistic and technical challenges when developing a new game
- Enjoy working with a team which keeps pushing its boundaries in a highly competitive industry
- Great interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate with other team members, managers and producers to understand the high-level requirements and meet those objectives with the optimal user-centred solution
- Fluent in English, and strong verbal and written communication skills