Senior Director, LiveOps29.07.2020 Management & Leadership Helsinki Metropolitan Area Permanent Contract Open position Apply here
Would you like to run a portfolio of the most profitable Puzzle studio’s games using your solid LiveOps experience in the mobile free-to-play gaming industry? If yes, you might be our new Senior Director of LiveOps we are looking for to join Puzzle Studio.
Senior Director of LiveOps is a seasoned game development professional with a demonstrable track record in Product, People and Business with a portfolio of casual LiveOps F2P games. The person will be responsible for leading the long-tail portfolio of games for the Puzzle studio from the strategic and operational point of view. Long-tail games are the ones that have reached maturity phase in their life cycle. Direct reports are the game leads from these LiveOps games.
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio is the home of the passionate team behind Angry Birds Match, Angry Birds Friends, the newly launched Angry Birds Dream Blast, and other unreleased games currently in production. The studio strives to create puzzle games that are instantly fun, but that can also turn into years-long hobbies. Puzzle Studio is also exploring new ways to use narrative and character worlds in casual mobile games, with the aim of creating a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
- Own strategy for long-tail games, focus and mission aligned with Puzzle studio's strategy
- Participate actively in the studio strategy work from LiveOps point of view
- Build, inspire and lead high performing individuals and teams, creating an excellent culture that motivates and retains the talent required for success
- Bring thought leadership and innovation to the mobile games development and business with a deep understanding of the constantly evolving market with the great insight from the LiveOps
- Collaborate extensively with other parts of the organization to drive effective games overall business
Who we think would do great in this role has:
- Strong LiveOps knowledge from multiple products, especially leading a portfolio of games at LiveOps stage
- Strong experience and excellent skills in managing and leading diverse cross-functional teams
- Solid understanding of the mobile F2P industry and passion for games in all their forms, particularly casual F2P games
- Proven production experience, sharp business sense, and deep product knowledge, ability to see the big picture in all areas of game development
- High level of integrity and approachability
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and collaboration skills, can appreciate and collaborate well with various people and work styles
Additional requirements in education and experience:
- 5+ years of line management experience in relevant fields with demonstrable skills and success on the LiveOps
- Experience in working with senior levels of management
- Several years of working experience (10+) with mobile and/or social games
- Extensive experience managing P&L, budgets, and large daily revenue numbers