Senior Data Analyst13.10.2020 Business Intelligence Helsinki Metropolitan Area Permanent Contract Open position Apply here
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. It enables us to continually improve our games and provide incredible experiences for the millions of users who play our games every day. All of this data is only valuable if it can be used to guide our day to day operations. It is the job of Business Intelligence to turn that raw data into actionable insights for Rovio’s games teams and other business units. The Business intelligence team aims to empower Rovio’s teams with insightful data, and also with relevant tools and models that support decision making.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Data Analyst to work with our User Acquisition team in Helsinki Metropolitan Area, Finland.
In this position, you will have a key role in driving our games’ growth through your recommendations to improve ROI. You’ll be the main owner for UA team’s analytics needs, from concepting how we should measure UA performance, to discovering opportunities through your objective analysis.
You’ll work very closely with BI, Finance, UA, Technology and game teams. As a person, you are a self-starter who doesn’t need day-to-day supervision, but can also give guidance to others as a trusted advisor. You are proactive and challenge conventions.
- Proposing methods to measure and forecast profitability of marketing activities
- Guiding the prioritization of BI team’s tasks regarding UA
- Driving decision making through presentation of work
- Creating dashboards, version-controlled tools and reports
- Evaluating and defining metrics
- Understanding changes in key metrics and long-term trends
- Designing and evaluating experiments
- Preparing data sets and automating analyses using SQL
- Ensuring data quality and availability
- Analyzing campaign performance, discovering and communicating what works
- Spreading best practices to analytics and user acquisition teams
Who we think will do great in this role has
- Passion for gaming and problem solving!
- Ability to turn analyses into valuable actions
- Excellent communication and cooperation skills
- Experience in managing projects and prioritizing others’ work
- Knowledge of advanced SQL
- Data literacy and deep quantitative analysis skills
- Familiarity with marketing terms such as CPI, ROI, creative optimization
- High level of proficiency in relevant scripting language(s), e.g. R or Python
- Understanding of statistical analysis
- Willingness to re-imagine ways of working
- Positive attitude and interest in interacting with others
We’d love if you have some of these
- Know-how in big data technologies, e.g Presto, Hive, Druid
- Prior experience in working on marketing products with big UA budget
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will complete an exercise to complete in your own time.
- Third round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop. We also try to give you a chance to meet the wider team.
- Fourth round: You will meet at least one member of the User Acquisition and Finance teams. The goal is to give you and the partner teams a chance to discuss ways of working as well as expectations from the role.