Senior Data Analyst, Dream Blast19.09.2022 Business Intelligence Permanent Open position Apply here
Being a Data Analyst in Rovio entails being a part of a big and data-experienced team. You’ll get to work with massive amounts of high quality data together with some of the best game professionals in the industry. You will be joining the Dream Blast game team, which is the biggest game in the Puzzle studio, but we have even more growth stored up, and you will play a crucial role in making that happen.
What your days will look like:
- You are very in tune with what the rest of the game team is thinking and talking about, and contribute to the discussion independently;
- You use your skill set to bring new insights to the table. This might be related to an experiment you’re running, understanding an existing feature better, troubleshooting KPIs or designing upcoming features;
- Every now and then you surprise the team with something completely new that no one else has been even thinking about, and hopefully spark new discussions. Currently we are looking for someone who is especially keen on finding new growth and development avenues in the core gameplay, so passion towards game design and simulations might be particularly useful. That said, you are always free to work on any area in the game that you feel you can find meaningful learnings from;
- You spread your knowledge within and beyond your team and find it exciting to learn new things. We have a particularly diverse data craft, so you’ll have no problem finding interesting people to bounce around ideas with.
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- You are technically adept to a level that allows you to carry out your ideas quickly and with ease. Usually this means that you have several years of experience in using SQL, Python or R, building dashboards, A/B testing and working with linear and logistic regression. You are free to choose your methods, but these are the areas we will pay attention to in our conversations;
- You have a good understanding of aspects that can make games more or less fun, what accelerates business results, and know what could be expected from different product changes;
- You understand how modern user acquisition is operated, how the main channels differ.
First meeting: you’ll meet with your future team lead, or someone from the talent team. In this call we’ll get to know your previous experience a little better, get a better sense of your current situation, and give you a chance to learn more about the role and the company.
Take home test: we will send you a short take test with which we want to evaluate your technical skills, and also get a sense of your thinking and ideas related to the game
Second interview: you’ll meet with some more members of the data craft, and you can expect the discussions flow around tech, statistics, A/B testing, etc.
Final interview: you’ll meet with some people from the Dream Blast game team, eg. product manager, game lead, and might find the discussion revolving around product, business, team culture related topics
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. It enables us to continually improve our games and provide incredible experiences for the millions of users who play our games every day. All of this data is only valuable if it can be used to guide our day to day operations. It is the job of Rovio data craft to turn that raw data into actionable insights for Rovio’s games teams and other business units. The data craft aims to empower Rovio’s teams with insightful data, and also with relevant tools and models that support decision making.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.