Senior C# .Net Server Developer12.05.2022 Technology Permanent Open position Apply here
You will be working closely with pragmatic server and client programmers, designing and implementing scalable architectures. The team believes in well-crafted software that increases the product value without compromising the productivity. The shared server technology is built using C#, .NET and Kubernetes. For cloud deployments we use AWS.
We believe in developing reusable server technology and accompanying tools instead of crafting custom solutions for each game separately.
- Design and implement shared game server technology at Battle Studio together with a small team of experienced server developers
- Collaborate with other craft specialists (e.g. game client developers) in specifying game server requirements
- Deployment and maintenance of live game servers
- Work closely with databases and AWS cloud services
- Work together with our cloud operations and central technology teams
We're looking for someone who has
- Several years of experience in server development
- Strong programming skills using C# and .NET
- Capability to work with SQL-based databases
- Familiarity with cloud computing (preferably AWS, but experience with any of the other big ones is fine as well)
Rovio’s Battle Studio focuses on creating new casual strategy games. Our goal is to capture the essence of strategy games in an elegant and approachable format, and to make approachable games that have a wide appeal but a focused and deep end game. We are currently working on several prototypes, and we are now looking for new teammates who enjoy the thrill of cracking the difficult problems in order to create something truly new. Creating innovative games is a big challenge, but our teams are up to the task. Established in 2016, the Battle Studio has a flat hierarchy, a high level of transparency, and open communication. The teams within the studio are always trying to find ways to improve projects, tools, communication and themselves. We try to maintain the atmosphere friendly, respectful and super supportive.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.