Senior 3D Artist (Games)20.05.2022 Art Permanent Open position Apply here
We are looking for a Senior 3D Generalist to join our Battle Studio in Espoo (Helsinki Metropolitan Area), Finland. The studio is small, meaning you’ll be part of the decision making related to the games’ visuals as well as have chances to make big impacts. There are growth opportunities within the studio as well as other studios at Rovio, in Finland and other entities i.e. Sweden, Denmark, Canada. The team is working on prototypes, so for this particular position, we wish to have someone who knows many things about 3D related, who can think about 3D art in terms of how it will be utilised in a game and its specific needs, and can create 3D assets from concept to in-game integration. We hope that you have strong 3D skills and also can work on other 3D-related tasks, get things done while having a great eye for good arts.
The whole studio is located in Helsinki Metropolitan Area, Finland, and works in a hybrid model, meaning to work flexibly with 1-3 days per week onsite.
As a Senior 3D Generalist at Battle Studio, you will create beautifully stylized characters, environments, animations/rigs, lighting and rendering as well as implementing these on Unity. You will help design the visual identity of our games, where your inputs as an 3D Artist will have a huge impact. In addition, you will be responsible for directing and giving support to external partners, giving them feedback and making sure the material produced meets Rovio's excellence standards.
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Ability to create a wide variety of 3D assets (i.e. characters, objects, props, environments)
- Strong experience with at least one 3D software (i.e. Maya, 3DS Max, Blender)
- Previous experience with Unity for 3D related work (i.e. setting up scenes, integrating content, debugging)
- Ability to create production quality 3D game assets and stylised textures
- Ability to contribute with additional skills for some of these areas: concept art, rigging, animation, VFX
- Previous experience in game development and making game art
- Ability to direct and support outsourcing partner(s) when needed
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and open to feedback from leads and team members
- Proactive about providing art solutions and contributing to game design discussions
- Business level spoken and written English proficiency and strong communication skills
- First meeting: You will meet the Art Leads. The aim is for us to know who you are, what your experience has been and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn about Rovio, the wider team and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will meet the Technical Artist for a technical interview.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the Game Lead, Producer, and Technical Director. The aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, your ways of working, your ambitions and where we can help each other develop.
When you send the application, please attach your portfolio or provide link(s) to it.
Rovio’s Battle Studio focuses on creating new casual strategy games. Our goal is to capture the essence of strategy games in an elegant and approachable format, and to make approachable games that have a wide appeal but a focused and deep end game.
We are currently working on several prototypes, and we are now looking for new teammates who enjoy the thrill of cracking the difficult problems in order to create something truly new. Creating innovative games is a big challenge, but our teams are up to the task.
Established in 2016, the Battle Studio has a flat hierarchy, a high level of transparency, and open communication. The teams within the studio are always trying to find ways to improve projects, tools, communication and themselves. We try to maintain the atmosphere friendly, respectful and super supportive.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.