Principal 3D Artist08.07.2020 Art Helsinki Metropolitan Area Permanent Contract Open position Apply here
Rovio’s Battle Studio is all about making games that don’t shy away from mixing RPG and action elements with strategy. As such, the team is working on creating the most approachable 4X game on the market, which is currently in soft launch, while also busily prototyping other types of strategy games behind the scenes. Set up in 2016, the 50-person strong studio has a flat hierarchy, a high level of transparency and open communication. The team is always trying to find ways to improve its projects, tools, communication, and themselves, while keeping the atmosphere friendly, inclusive, respectful and super supportive. With flexible hours, the team are respectful of each other’s time, as well as collectively learning from both mistakes and successes as they grow in numbers and experience. In a nutshell, the team’s mission is to increase the accessibility of the strategy genre by making such games more appealing to a broader audience.
Are you excited about mapping out a visual style that will come alive in our next hit strategy game for mobile? Awesome, we at Rovio’s Battle Studio in Finland are looking for a talented 3D Artist to help us with current and upcoming midcore titles.
- Develop the look (characters, worlds) by working together with the Art Director defining the vision and style of the amazing lineup of midcore game titles we are working on.
- Collaborate with Visual Development Artists to make stylistic decisions on projects, nailing down the final visual treatment of our games.
- Make characters and composition key images for Splash screens, in-game portraits, narratives, and other marketing images demonstrating high production value.
- Provide critiques to external and internal Artists, suggesting and guiding on how to improve and polish the game assets to elevate quality.
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Ability to make high production value key art assets.
- Proven portfolio demonstrating jaw-dropping 3D skills.
- Proficiency in concepting and creating 3D art assets for cartoony/stylized games, reflecting sensibilities of dynamic posing, appealing and lively facial and body expressions, and strong shape language.
- High proficiency in ZBrush, Maya (or equivalent tool), Rendering tools and Photoshop.
- Expertise in developing games in Unity, spearheading the transition and vision from the concept stage to animated 3D in-game assets.
- Very good sense of human and creatures anatomy and proportions.
- Interest in midcore games, latest design trends, and pop culture.
- Great communication, organisational and team collaboration skills with fluency in English.
We’d love if you have some of these:
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience
- Passion and flair for midcore games.
- Basic sketching skills to explore and communicate ideas.
- Interest in character backstory, storytelling, world building and definition.