Player Support Specialist10.12.2021 Player Experience Helsinki or Stockholm Fixed-term Open position Apply here
Mixing the world-class expertise of six different crafts – Product Marketing, User Acquisition, User Experience Research, Market Intelligence, Marketing Video Production, and Player Experience (PX), our team’s main mission is to fuel the growth of our games portfolio.
Largely embedded within game teams and in close collaboration with a large variety of stakeholders, our role is to identify, anticipate and make sure to satisfy our target audiences’ needs and wants. We do this across all touchpoints – from early research on new concepts, to how we reach out to millions of players through our marketing campaigns, or to how we engage them through our social networks and other discussion platforms.
At Rovio, you are a vital communication bridge between game teams and our players. You will be embedded in a game team and manage player support for that title. Within this role, a successful PS specialist will provide players with experiences that drive deeper engagement, both through working directly with players, but also by bringing actionable player needs to the game team as the voice of the player.
The team is currently distributed in two locations: Finland and Sweden. They are currently working from home, following the guidelines from the local authorities. Once the recommendations have been lifted, the team will be working in a hybrid model, meaning they’ll work flexibly onsite and from home.
The position is a fixed-term employment (maternity leave substitution) for a minimum of ten months.
- Work closely with the game leads, product marketing managers and PX Community Managers to align and plan around overall player experience, player communication and specific events around the game
- Manage circular communication of knowledge regarding bugs, UX and the roadmap between developers and players. Assist backlog prioritisation, especially related to game design, based on player feedback
- Ensure that the game’s health is always known within the team and provide proactive input on the impact of game changes on player experience
- Represent players within the game team to contribute to continuous improvement of the game KPIs
- Be the driving force that ensures that games incorporate fair play and player safety best practices
- Support other team members in crafting strategies for player facing activities
- Manage our support partners in both day-to-day operations and with a view to long-term sustained excellence
- Provide timely and routine player-centric qualitative & quantitative reports to the game team from player support contacts
- Collaborate with UXR to conduct surveys, research, and gather feedback from the community on issues significantly impacting experience
- Understand industry trends in PX and how they relate to Rovio games so that we can anticipate and plan for future needs by bringing proactive improvements and solutions to relevant roadmaps
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Ability to process large amounts of information rapidly
- Ability to clearly communicate complex game ideas in relatable terms an average player can understand
- Ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders
- Well versed on player support and CRM tools and how to extract the most of them both technically and in reporting (Knowledge of Zendesk is key)
- A passion for gaming
- Fluency in English
- Proven experience within a player support role
We’d love if you have some of these:
- SQL knowledge to run queries
- Understanding of SDKs and APIs
- Knowledge of moderation tooling and best practices
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager and senior team member. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Screening test of common player support situations
- Second round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.