Lead / Senior Java Server Developer29.10.2020 Technology Helsinki Metropolitan Area Permanent Open position Apply here
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, and the narrative-driven Small Town Murders, as well as providing players with exciting new content and events in fan-favorite games such as Angry Birds Friends. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
As a server developer, you will take an ownership of the game you are responsible for. Our server team shares knowledge and investigates the most critical issues together in cooperation with our dedicated cloud operations team. We share our learnings to make our games better.
- Design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of backend systems of live games
- Contribute to server team work including best practices and common library functionality
- Take ownership of the agreed game backend system
- Working together with our cloud operations team in case of incidents
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Excellent Java programming skills - including server-side Java and distributed systems
- Data modeling and database design skills
- Familiarity with cloud computing, especially AWS
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Deeper knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases, database optimization
- Experience with Linux shell and scripting (e.g. shell script or python)
- C# skills
- Experience on high throughput systems and game servers
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. We want to know who you are and what motivates you. We will also do a small technical screening to see if there is a potential match on the skills.
- Second round: You will complete an exercise on your own time.
- Final round: We will go through the exercise together and you will meet some of the team members. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.