Lead Product Manager20.01.2023 Product Management Permanent Open position Apply here
We are looking for a Lead Product Manager with a proven track record of success in mobile F2P games and strong analytical passion to join the team behind the flagship title Angry Birds 2.
The team has created one of the largest comebacks in the gaming industry. Angry Birds 2 was struggling after launch and used data to turn the game around to be consistently in the top 80 grossing charts. We take pride in our culture here in the studio when anything can change and everything can be tested, which made the game a success.
You will be working closely with Game lead, designers, analysts and Product managers throughout the organisation in order to analyse and communicate conclusions from live data, create new opportunities for enhancing the game economies and optimise the use of existing ones. You will be facilitating the knowledge sharing within our Games unit and support the Game Leads, Product Managers and game development teams in the company.
To thrive in this position, you will need excellent social skills to be able to work with anyone from creatives to finance and the ability to explain complex subjects to anyone. You must be able to clearly define suggestions and work with the game team to accomplish the goals together.
What your day will look like:
- Advising and challenging the team on F2P design and event optimization
- Working very closely with the Game Lead, Designers and BI to support them in setting the vision and priorities for the game development
- Designing, managing and constantly optimising the games’ economies combining analytical and creative inputs
- Analysing product KPIs, A/B test results and available data
- Communicating analytical findings to the team, and recommending changes or new areas of focus
- Owning of live operations, managing, analysing, and balancing all events and offers in the game
- Communicating the current KPI’s and results of the game to other product managers and games management
- Mentoring product managers and economy designers in the studio
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- 5+ years experience with F2P mobile games with a proven track record of bringing success to a live title
- Driven compassionate leader of a product and/or manager of PM’s
- Ability to guide designs and designers to make the best possible product
- Deep knowledge F2P mobile business model
- Strong experience designing and managing economies in a live product
- Strong analytical skills and ability to tell a story with data, after receiving it in raw form
- Extensive experience in A/B Testing and working directly with data analysts/scientists
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for games and an exhaustive knowledge of noteworthy industry trends
- You will meet the TA Partner. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. The aim is for us to know who you are, what your experience has been and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn about Rovio, the wider team and the specifics of the role.
- Test: You will do an exercise to complete in your own time
- Second meeting: You will meet the team and have the opportunity to present your test results
- Final meeting: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help each other develop.
In case you'd be moving from abroad, we'll offer you relocation support and make sure you have a smooth start with us in Stockholm. Don't keep us waiting but send your application already today!
Rovio's Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon Angry Birds. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles with the Angry Birds brand as well as new original IPs. Our approach is to focus on highly accessible yet innovative cores paired with Rovio's light-hearted aesthetic. At the same time, we still aim to deliver a deep meta that can keep players engaged for decades. Our development is driven by our players as we push to become masters of our genre. We use data to provide insights into our players' needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
Our ambitious teams are full of passionate gamers who are eager to leave their mark.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.