Lead Narrative Designer23.11.2022 Design Permanent Open position Apply here
Our Lead Narrative Designer will help re define the creative vision and trajectory for an existing game set in an exciting, established IP. They’ll lead and mentor a team of other narrative designers to deliver our players the most memorable, delightful, and engaging experience possible.
- Own and lead the complete narrative experience for a casual mobile game set in the wondrous world of Angry Birds
- Set and then champion the game’s narrative strategy and practical processes
- Help to establish and maintain the unique tone of the game world, and propose creative ways of effectively presenting this world to the players
- Work closely with the Lead Designer to ensure the game is reaching all intended goals—including the needs of the IP holder—while reviewing and contributing to the game’s overall design
- Guide and collaborate with artists, finding the balance between narrative requirements and artist needs/desires
- Collaborate with different teams (level design, game design, UX, art, audio, etc.) to brainstorm creative ways of encapsulating the game’s core mechanics through story and to ensure the correct integration of all narrative elements across various crafts
- Design and review others’ designs for player quests, task-by-task, from multiple character perspectives
- Help find and steer external writers, as required.
- Ensure all narrative work meets the game’s creative and business needs while reaching for the highest possible quality bar.
- Demonstrable leadership experience gained in the mobile game development industry.
- Experience releasing successful Free to Play/Mobile Game(s) as a Narrative Designer.
- Extensive knowledge of interactive storytelling, plot, and narrative structure in Free to Play Mobile Games and digital media.
- Proven ability to build believable and lovable worlds in mobile Free to Play Games.
- Initial Call: You will meet one of our TA Partners for a quick discussion to better understand your past experiences and motivations.
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. The aim is for us to know who you are, what your experience has been, and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn about Rovio, the wider team, and the specifics of the role
- Test: You will do an exercise to complete in your own time
- Second round: Review your test with Craft Members
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions, and where we can help each other develop.
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, several match 3 games such as Angry Birds Match and Small Town Murders as well as slingshot games like Angry Birds Friends and a great newcomer Angry Birds Journey. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.