Lead Game Developer (Unity) – Puzzle games25.08.2021 Technology Helsinki Metropolitan Area Permanent Open position Apply here
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, and the narrative-driven Small Town Murders, as well as providing players with exciting new content and events in fan-favorite games such as Angry Birds Friends. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Lead Game Developer to join our successful Puzzle Studio in Espoo, Finland.
We use Unity and the majority of it’s latest features in the development of our games. Our vision is to build puzzle games that are easy and fun to play but also provide deep meta-game with social elements that keeps them fresh and interesting to play for years.
Two of our biggest games Angry Birds Dream Blast and Angry Birds Friends make together almost 100 million euros of revenue per year. Join us to develop new even bigger groundbreaking F2P hits or keep improving these already world class puzzle games!
In this role you will be leading a team of 1-4 programmers in one of our games, taking responsibility for technical decisions in that game project as well as getting your hands deep into the code. If you’re interested in taking on line management duties that is also an option, though not a requirement.
Your responsibilities will be to
- Coordinate the work of other developers in a social puzzle game
- Provide mentorship and support for less experienced developers
- Implement game features with other developers in the team
- Work with server developers for seamless backend integration
- Optimize the games to run smoothly on mobile platforms
- Participate in prototyping new game ideas
We are looking for someone who has
- 8+ years of commercial game programming experience with 2+ years in a tech lead role in a game team
- 5+ years of game development experience with Unity
- Strong programming skills with C#
- Experience with debugging, profiling and performance optimization
- Broad knowledge of game architecture and technologies
- Good understanding of mobile platforms and hardware
- Experience with F2P games both as a developer and a player
- Analytical problem solving skills