Lead for Player Safety and Compliance30.10.2020 Other Helsinki Metropolitan Area Permanent Open position Apply here
Rovio is growing, this year we have acquired a studio in Copenhagen and started to build out a studio in Montreal expanding on our present studios in Espoo and Stockholm. As we grow we want to ensure a very high standard for a Rovio game. This role will be pivotal in ensuring this!
Working in Rovio Games Technology, you will drive and be accountable for our player safety activities and compliance across Rovio ensuring we consistently deliver a high quality gaming experience to our players. We want you to be passionate about creating great games for players around the world and be driven to ensuring players can enjoy our games in a safe and fun environment.
For player safety, you will drive and take ownership of the Responsible Gaming Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) topic for Rovio setting the actions and roadmap for our games and technology. You provide proactive advice on player safety trends in our industry, future direction, best practices and represent Rovio in games industry alliances (for example the Fair Play Alliance). You will work across Rovio including games studios, technology, legal, marketing and investor relations.
For game compliance, you will work across our business to agree and evolve the standards for Rovio. This to include the provision of tools for games to understand and take into use the requirements. The requirements include:
- Rovio specific requirements (e.g. business, technical, brand)
- App store compliance (primarily Apple App Store, Google Play)
- Legal compliance at regional/country level (e.g. privacy, child protection)
This role reports to SVP Product and Development in our central Technology team.
- Ensure safe gaming experience for our player in all out titles
- Identify and leading key programs and projects
- Work across our business and the industry to gain insight and drive actions
- Ensure Rovio standards are defined and understood with tooling and services provided to aid adoption
- Input to our Games Technology roadmap and prioritisation
Who we think will do great in this role:
- 4+ years of work experience leading large cross-company projects and development
- 4+ years of experience with mobile and F2P games
- 2+ years of experience with player safety and compliance
- Able to work at all levels from developer to exec
- Ability to understand game team needs and translate them to deliverables
- Experienced with agile development
- Able to manage cooperation and implementations with partners
- Be hands on, delivery focused and ensure we deliver player-centric games – it just works beautifully
- Strong communicator and fluent in English
- Self-starter, with a high level of self-direction, motivation, and energy
- Driven with player safety and compliance topics!
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will complete an exercise to complete in your own time.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.