Lead 3D Artist20.09.2021 Art Stockholm Permanent Open position Apply here
Rovio's Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon Angry Birds. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles with the Angry Birds brand as well as new original IPs. Our approach is to focus on highly accessible yet innovative cores paired with Rovio's light-hearted aesthetic. At the same time, we still aim to deliver a deep meta that can keep players engaged for decades. Our development is driven by our players as we push to become masters of our genre. We use data to provide insights into our players' needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
Our ambitious teams are full of passionate gamers who are eager to leave their mark.
We are on the lookout for a Lead 3D Artist to join our multinational and accomplished art team. The role would include supervisor responsibilities over a group of highly talented individuals but also spend a good amount of time being hands-on in the project/s you’re assigned to. If you enjoy versatility in terms of bouncing ideas openly, artists coaching and at the same time have the opportunity to create game plans, models and textures for highly ambitious F2P titles, this role is tailored for you.
- Lead and supervise Rovio Stockholm’s high caliber squad of 3D focused Game Artists to further excellence
- Create top shelf quality game assets for our current and upcoming stylized projects from start to implementation in Unity
- Contribute to existing and upcoming pipelines and workflows
- Work closely with our Art Director to ensure the growth and wellness of our teams and projects
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Has a strong portfolio that demonstrates the skills needed for this position as well as sense of visual style
- Strong interest and demonstrated skills in stylized & cartoony art styles
- A passion for guiding, teaching and acting as a role model for your team members
- Very broad knowledge and experience regarding the whole 3D pipeline for games
- Experienced in being hands on in game engines
- Excellent skills in multitasking, organizing, communication, and team collaboration
- Proficient in spoken and written English
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Past experience as an Environment Artist on stylized games
- Experience using Unity
- Developed mobile titles in the past
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: If deemed necessary, you will get to show your skills in action with a small art test. We try to keep the art tests light and highly relevant to the tasks you would be doing in your everyday work.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet other team leads and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.